IGNORED

Homebrew Release Schedule For Atari Age Store

atarifan88

I know many of you are waiting for some new homebrew games in the AtariAge Store. My plan initially was to release several games this month and then release another batch at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE), October 17-18.

After wrestling with this a fair bit, I've decided that there's simply no way I can release a batch of new games right now and also have time to build games and prepare for PRGE, at least not without working 80 hours a week. If I add new games to the store now, building and shipping games will take a fair bit of time and make it considerably more difficult for me to complete everything for PRGE.

So, here's what I'm going to do. The games I was going to add to the store this month I'm also going to release at PRGE. This means I'm going to be releasing a whole slew of games at the show. After PRGE, I will then add all of these new games to the store so everyone can buy them.

However, I may be to get one or two Atari 2600 games available this month. One of them will only have 100 boxed copies available, and likely no additional copies after that. The other will also have 100 boxed copies available, and after that loose copies (with manual) will be made available in the store. Both of these boxed games will be made available only via the forums, and I will only announce them once I have built 100 copies of each so they are ready to ship. No guarantees I will be able to do this, and if not, those two games will also be available after PRGE.

Again, sorry to those who are waiting. I am putting as many hours into this as I can. The new games will all be worth the wait!!

..Al

• Like 3

My appologies for being impatient. Glad you are keeping us in the loop.

However, I may be to get one or two Atari 2600 games available this month. One of them will only have 100 boxed copies available, and likely no additional copies after that. The other will also have 100 boxed copies available, and after that loose copies (with manual) will be made available in the store. Both of these boxed games will be made available only via the forums, and I will only announce them once I have built 100 copies of each so they are ready to ship. No guarantees I will be able to do this, and if not, those two games will also be available after PRGE.

Zippy... ? :D

As a general rule I would say that is true. :)

However, most people are pretty patient, thankfully.

..Al

Cool picture, it is weird to me to see them that way as I'm used to seeing them shipped flat.

Im in for a L.E.M. and a Star Castle, look forward to meeting and thanking you in person at PRGE.

• Like 1

I know many of you are waiting for some new homebrew games in the AtariAge Store. My plan initially was to release several games this month and then release another batch at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE), October 17-18.
After wrestling with this a fair bit, I've decided that there's simply no way I can release a batch of new games right now and also have time to build games and prepare for PRGE, at least not without working 80 hours a week. If I add new games to the store now, building and shipping games will take a fair bit of time and make it considerably more difficult for me to complete everything for PRGE.
..Al

Don't forget about HAAG in November.....could release some other titles there, instead of all of them at Portland.

• Like 1

Is there some sort of "pre-order list" for Zippy?

I am unsure how I will be handling that.

50 boxed copies will be available at PRGE.

50 boxed copies will be made available on AtariAge after the show (probably in November).

I only have 100 boxes for this game, the rest will be sold as cart and manual.

..Al

• Like 2

I am unsure how I will be handling that.

50 boxed copies will be available at PRGE.

50 boxed copies will be made available on AtariAge after the show (probably in November).

I only have 100 boxes for this game, the rest will be sold as cart and manual.

..Al

Thanks for updating us! Any rough ETA on when cart & manual only copies of Zippy might be available for purchase or preorder? :)

Thanks for updating us! Any rough ETA on when cart & manual only copies of Zippy might be available for purchase or preorder? :)

After I get back from Portland, it will take me a week or two to get everything into the store. I'll make the loose copy of Zippy available right away, since I know the boxed copies will sell fairly quickly.

..Al

• Like 2

After I get back from Portland, it will take me a week or two to get everything into the store. I'll make the loose copy of Zippy available right away, since I know the boxed copies will sell fairly quickly.

..Al

Not only was it a treat to try the game at the CGF, but that Dungeon Stalker box is nice. Need a CIB now! :-o