IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

[mention=12959]Tursi[/mention] / [mention=35000]mizapf[/mention]   (and any others).

Do you know if it is possible to make a .bin for the @compucar  program to load on the FinalGrom ?
(I have looked into ModuleCreater 2.0, but not sure how that works with DIS/FIX 80 files). 
(EA option 3  DSK1.@COMPU-CAR,   then  enter  and  COMPO  to load it) 

CAR.dsk

You can do that in classic 99 if you read the manual have the info and skills etc

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

You can do that in classic 99 if you read the manual have the info and skills etc

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Interesting I did not know that.   Just played around with it (without knowing what I am doing),

but managed to get this far: compu5_8.BIN  (prompt Compucar, titlescreen compucar and it returns to the TI titlescreen)

4e0a2056a3df41022fe11c7453a2a9b5.jpg
f04039e6bb4950872e6492b3bb406766.jpg

6395 on Computer-Car

I notice that the first time playing the cars are not “complete”. They seem to look normal on the second try.

Thank you for making the .bin!

I also tried the “black” car wars on real iron with final grom. Got a blank blue screen probably due to start PC mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, globeron said:

@arcadeshopper  Except the sprite issue during startup (which get solved automatically after the programs goes to the next round)

I managed to get it working,   so I guess it is to find the right PC (program counter) as start address

Looks like you got pretty far! The basic information you collected is correct, of course. Not completely sure why it doesn't just run cleanly - sometimes software has pre-existing expectations. You need to make those expectations real.

But I'd say you're in good shape! :)

• Like 1

There is another hint to get a higher score, if you have 4 black cars in the middle, then try to clear the level as much

as possible (then crash), and complete the next level, because the max. number of spare cars is 4. 

Not sure if we can reach these scores today.

Mar 1983

Nov 1983

Car Wars

(13th level)

Ed McNair (Brandon, FL)

Ron L. Walters (Brandenburg, KY)

On 10/30/2021 at 4:43 PM, Tursi said:

Looks like you got pretty far! The basic information you collected is correct, of course. Not completely sure why it doesn't just run cleanly - sometimes software has pre-existing expectations. You need to make those expectations real.

But I'd say you're in good shape! :)

I tried to go step by step to find the initialisation part, but not sure yet how to do that via F1 pause, F2, F3 options. To get the sprite issue to work.

The game works with joystick, but you can only change 2 lanes without pressing the button (used for higher speed).  

Score 12,500.

Sometimes the opponent cars change the dots in x crosses, (and back to dots) not sure what the idea is behind this.

20211031_220329.jpg

Results October competition:

Car Wars  (and Compu-Car)
--------------------------------
globeron             - 58,650  (Level 7) (and Compu-Car 12,500) 
count9929A        - 13,770
jwild                   - 12,510               (and Compu-Car  6,395)
mizapf                - 11,820
Arcadeshopper    - 10,690
Single Tooth        -  6,670
Home Automation -  6,670
Roadrunner          -  4,530

Texas Instruments Ti-99/4a Car Wars Game Cartridge PHM 3054 for sale online  | eBay  Texas Instruments TI-99/4A CAR WARS Game Cartridge, Manual & Box | eBay

TGDB - Browse - Game - Car Wars