IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

On 11/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, WhataKowinkydink said:

It's probably been beaten (I didn't look that thoroughly through this thread) but 89,810 sure does shatter my previous Hi Score of 30,605 in Road Hunter:

IMG_0030.thumb.jpg.ff88dfb89d3d5347afd39096d564fccf.jpg

I put the all score list together last time. See page 1 for the overview  and yours is the highest score now!    Maybe a good new idea to add that to the competition as sometimes I like to play the older games in the list

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sometimes99er said:

Very well done. I've been trying to beat it, but I can't. Perhaps with a bit more practice.

Thank you sometimes!  Keep practicing, you'll beat it! 🙂
I have been enjoying your games so very much! On this one, I was pretty happy with the 500 to 800 points I was getting by reaching levels 4 and 5 and thought that was about as high as I could go and the game was finished. Then I read your response about how dropping 4 blocks at once gained 125 points!  That changed it real quick 😉 I score the most on the early levels... after that it's just kinda fast.   I have to get those big points early THEN go for some sprinkles...

Merry Christmas

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Smoker Ace said:

Thank you sometimes!  Keep practicing, you'll beat it! 🙂
I have been enjoying your games so very much! On this one, I was pretty happy with the 500 to 800 points I was getting by reaching levels 4 and 5 and thought that was about as high as I could go and the game was finished. Then I read your response about how dropping 4 blocks at once gained 125 points!  That changed it real quick 😉 I score the most on the early levels... after that it's just kinda fast.   I have to get those big points early THEN go for some sprinkles...

Merry Christmas

Yes, that's the strategy I'm going for. 🕹️ Last levels are just surviving. 🪂 And a very merry Christmas to you too. 🎄

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Smoker Ace said:

Happy New Year

And a Happy New Year to you ! 💣

I worked my way up to 1625 on level 4, after several hundred games.

Amazing. Apparently I can't beat you at my own game. 😄

I'll look on the played list and attempt to choose a new game shortly.

The list needs an update. 💬

• Thanks 1

When I hit the 500 points saucer pixel another time, which made it disappear with XXX, I started to panic while finding the proper key to do a screenshot. The screen would have been gone when the next level had started. The proper way would have been to push ScrlLock, then F12, or ScrlLock, P (to pause), then have every time in the world to sort my mind, or just the PrtScr key.

Instead, I accidentally hit the Pause/Break key,  which is mapped to the LOAD interrupt. As the interrupt vector was undefined, some characters started to show up on the screen! Before the screen was messed up beyond recognition, I remembered to do a PrtScr snapshot and managed to erase all those wild patterns.

The XXX is still genuine, promised.

• Like 2