IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

On 12/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, mizapf said:

It was pretty long ago that I got the XXX, but now I made it again! Anyone else?

0180_2x.png

I had no idea that this was possible, I guess I'll be playing  lot of Invaders to reach this goal.LOL I've scored pretty high on blasting the saucers from side to side, I think almost 200, maybe better.... but XXX is amazing. I'll keep that in mind when I get to the saucers from now on.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, sometimes99er said:

And a Happy New Year to you ! 💣

Amazing. Apparently I can't beat you at my own game. 😄

The list needs an update. 💬

Sometimes... I have to tell you again, 'I have loved playing ALL of your games'. I believe I've had more fun with Blockbuster than i did with Snake, even tho I'm still stuck on level 7 there. On Blockbuster, I have since scored higher, 1780 and am wondering if I could push my vision and brain to the limits of achieving 2K, I mean It's only 2 more stacks of 4, right?  🤩  probably not... 😉

I sent arcadeshopper an updated list of the High Score Competition.

1780-blockbuster1.thumb.jpg.b6a4063770868ff7bad59f8c267131d3.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 12:11 AM, Smoker Ace said:

I have the original list in word format. It includes also scores of 99'er / HCM "Hall of Fame" and Yesterdays News high score lists.

(and include higher scores after these monthly high score competition). 

Amazing btw how you get the Block Buster score (I am trying really hard, but have not tried the real TI-99, I just have it setup again)

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, Smoker Ace said:

Sometimes... I have to tell you again, 'I have loved playing ALL of your games'. I believe I've had more fun with Blockbuster than i did with Snake, even tho I'm still stuck on level 7 there. On Blockbuster, I have since scored higher, 1780 and am wondering if I could push my vision and brain to the limits of achieving 2K, I mean It's only 2 more stacks of 4, right?  🤩  probably not... 😉

1780-blockbuster1.thumb.jpg.b6a4063770868ff7bad59f8c267131d3.jpg

Excellent. Thank you so much. 👍 I guess I have to develop, and finish, more games this year. 🕹️ Love your pictures. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, globeron said:

Amazing btw how you get the Block Buster score (I am trying really hard, but have not tried the real TI-99, I just have it setup again)

I'm using real iron and a Wico command control joystick. To get this score I set my right eye on the left column and my left eye on the right column, split my brain left and right then make my hands try to keep up. 😉   LOL 

No, really... for each column I just concentrate on stacking  2 of the same color together alternating whatever comes up and attempting to always bust 3 in between -2 same colored stacks of 2-  creating an dropping 4 blocks for 125. I never try to bust a stack of 3 unless it's to create a stack of 4. That or the stacks are getting too high up onto the last block or two.  🙃 MANY MANY of my Blockbuster games end with less than 100 points, even now... :ahoy:     Most of my higher scores are made on the first 3 or 4 levels.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

I guess I have to develop, and finish, more games this year. 🕹️ Love your pictures. ❤️

Please do! Your games are perfect, easy to pick up and play, hard to put away. Play for a minute or an hour.... ❤️

Thanks... Everyone gets in on the TI99/a gaming action here, Pig, Cow, Mouse 🙃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I may have stumbled into a bug.  On the second level, I obviously cleared all of the dots, including behind the trap, but the level never ended.

I use a remaining pills counter to check when a level is complete, I suspect the trap might overwrite one (or more) pill character. The game does a check (2x2 characters must be ASCII 32) before drawing the trap but maybe in some cases it doesn't work. I'll try to fix it.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:55 PM, Sergioz82 said:

I have updated the game to correct a couple of bugs, you can get the new ROM in the link below

If you guys find other bugs please let me know

It looks like there is bug with eat m all when you eat the ghost in the tunnel, then I lost a life.  (But there is no warning when they turn back to normal)

Not really a bug:

Black dots do not come back, unless you can do a Boom (to see remaining dots when screen flashes) or when you lost your life, the dots come back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, globeron said:

It looks like there is bug with eat m all when you eat the ghost in the tunnel, then I lost a life.  (But there is no warning when they turn back to normal)

Not really a bug:

Black dots do not come back, unless you can do a Boom (to see remaining dots when screen flashes) or when you lost your life, the dots come back.

For the first, it could be that the eat em all bonus went off in that moment or maybe sprite collision detection fails when sprites are going from one side of the screen to the other (but never occurred to me). I'll give it a check. 

It's correct that there is no warning when the ghosts turn back to normal, I like the thrill of not knowing if I can get to eat one before the time runs out :)

The dark dots special should work like this once you get it:

• the remaining dots on screen goes black until the end of the level and you have to collect them blindly
  • if you complete the level with this special on there will be a bonus counter similar to pesky dot one. It's 30 points extra for each dark dot you ate (normal dots you ate before don't count).
  • if you pass over the bonus block you can get a bomb that will help you see them or a glow dots special that will revert the dark dots to normal dots (in this case the end level bonus is canceled)
  • if you lose a life dark dots special is canceled, dots will be visible again and you won't get the bonus at the end of the level
  • in the next level the dots will always be visible (dark dots is not active)

if in your game happened something different then there is a bug.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sergioz82 said:

For the first, it could be that the eat em all bonus went off in that moment or maybe sprite collision detection fails when sprites are going from one side of the screen to the other (but never occurred to me). I'll give it a check. 

It's correct that there is no warning when the ghosts turn back to normal, I like the thrill of not knowing if I can get to eat one before the time runs out :)

The dark dots special should work like this once you get it:

• the remaining dots on screen goes black until the end of the level and you have to collect them blindly
  • if you complete the level with this special on there will be a bonus counter similar to pesky dot one. It's 30 points extra for each dark dot you ate (normal dots you ate before don't count).
  • if you pass over the bonus block you can get a bomb that will help you see them or a glow dots special that will revert the dark dots to normal dots (in this case the end level bonus is canceled)
  • if you lose a life dark dots special is canceled, dots will be visible again and you won't get the bonus at the end of the level
  • in the next level the dots will always be visible (dark dots is not active)

if in your game happened something different then there is a bug.

Thanks for the response, I will check on the collision, but chances might be low I can create it again, all looks okay to me.  I noticed that somehow I get a lot of extra lives in this version 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Globeron is the winner with 29,380 unless someone reports a higher score. Although I played faithfully all month, I only managed to get 21,810 because I spent most my time and wasted most of my spacmen on level 1, throwing boots thru the top tunnel at the ghosts.😊 great sport...

spacman 21810 .jpg

• Like 3