IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

I beleive the keyboard works. I have used it on Classic99 with Miner2049er. Arrow keys to move and 'Q' to jump.

The keyboard works, but have you tried that in level 3, gee that's difficult the accuracy needed to jump, I almost managed it the complete it.

(Okay I see 3 hours left EST time, will try it with a Joystick on a real TI).

I am still dying in almost the same spot. but I guess even the smallest points help!

If I am correct we passed all the time-zones now and it is 1st of October 2015.

and not sure if Opry99er need to announce it or next the winner, but Chris Congratulations well done!!

I will direct message you how to get the prize and it is your turn to select the new game of the month.

Hey sweeeet!!! Congrats Chris, and thanks to globeron for hosting month #2 of the TI-99/4A Hi Score competition!!

This was a tough game and one I simply could not master. It kicked my butt, actually. :)

Chris, since you're the winner, it is your duty to select a new game for the month. We have--so far--had a maze game and a strategy platform game. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us this month!!!

The top post will be updated to show the month #2 winner.

:)

Thank you! Miner 2049er is a harder game than I remember, either that or I just really was not that good.

So I have been thinking of what game to have the October competition. Well this game I have chose I spent quite a few hours playing.

Of course, not going to be your typical space shooter or even an arcade style lets go old school, well as much as we can with this game being on TI.

This Months Game: Micro Pinball from Software Specialties, Inc © 1984

This game will auto load via Extended Basic. Attached is the disk image format.

This game is really all about luck of how the ball bounces so we should see some pretty high scores.

I have also decided on a prize. I have received quite a few emails about when I am going to release my Medieval Tunnels of Doom Games 1, 2, & 3 that is played with the Tunnels of Doom cartridge to the public for free.

So....

Winner gets to choose which game disk they want, Medieval Games I, II or III ! Almost like Highlander - You can only choose one!

These games I created from 1986 to 1991 I believe using the original Tunnels of Doom Editor. Each title has 5 games on the disk. Of course the disk will come with a Software License Agreement.

This disk will be delivered digitally in .DSK format for play on an emulator or you may transfer it to original hardware. This software is not public shareware and may not be distributed.

GOOD LUCK!

Game disk and contents listed below:

Medieval Games I

Chambers of the Evil Priest 1986
Up to 4 players can enter my dungeon but some will not survive. Find the Magic sword & dagger before the evil priest finds them & drains their magic to kill you!
Revenge of the Evil Priest 1986
You have defeated the evil priest, but now he has teleported you back to his new lair. You have to find his power staff and magic wand to defeat him on your journey through his castle.
Curse of the Anakanda 1991
Anakanda, king of the snake gods ha cursed your city. For the past 7000 years. Find the magic scroll to break the curse and set your city free or suffer the fate of the great Anakanda!!
Forbidden Land 1991
On your quest you have come across the Forbidden Land, but you are entrapped within this land. The only way out is to find the magic amulet and teleport yourself back home or be imprisoned forever.
Castle Drakov 1991
It is the longest night! As you know this is when all evil presence come to life. Find the cross and stake used to kill Count Drakov, the leader of the vampires. If you fail you become one!!!
Medieval Games II:
Quest for the Golden Sword 1991
Wizard Reknuk has stolen the magical Golden Sword of ASI. Retrieve the sword before he drains its magic and conquers this world or become his slave for eternity.
Revenge of Count Drakov 1991
Count Drakov has risen once again from a single drop of fine blood. Retrieve the map to his crypt, a stake, and the mallet to destroy him once again or become part of his clan forever!
Curse of the Mummy 1991
The mummy, Drakken, has been arisen from his tomb & is causing holy terror. Find the vial of holy water and the burning tea leaves to return Drakken back to his dark tomb and never to return!
The Longest Night 1991
The evil wizard Berndar, has cast a spell to freeze time, so he can rule your kingdom. Find his two spell books to break his spell and set your kingdom free, or die under his evil rule!!!
Dungeon of Death 1991
You have insulted the great wizard Merlin. He has placed you in his worst fate, the dungeon of death! Find the two power keys to unlock the last doors & escape with your life or die!
Medieval Games III :

Scroll of Aziati 1991
Your princess has had a death spell casted upon her. Your only hope is to find the scroll of Aziati before the suns light stops shining upon her and read the magic spell to release her.
The Medallion of Power 1991
The evil wizard, Zakna, has stolen Merlin’s Medallion of Power. Recover it and all your dreams of wealth will be fulfilled and Merlin will be in your debt forever.
Scroll of Infinite Wisdom 1991
Your quest is a simple one, find the two scrolls of infinite wisdom. This will enable you to succeed your father’s throne, as he is dying. Without the scroll the kingdom will fall the fate of evil.
The Secret of Acropolis 1991
The legend of Acropolis states “within is the fountain of life, eternal life”. Retrieve the map and unlock the secret of Acropolis to prove that the legend is true!
The Eyes of Surya 1991
Anshar has stolen the eyes of Surya for her power staff. She will cause holy terror throughout the universe if she is able to use their power. Recover them and save the universe from her evil doom!

post-35187-0-44981700-1443742039_thumb.jpg

Pinball.dsk

post-35187-0-68187000-1443742806_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cool, I always liked Micro Pinball II as well. But uhm... what are the keys for this? I can only seem to use the left flipper (js99er).

RMSAAED

on my german keyboard/Classic99, I play it with "TAB" and "+" (outer edge keys, like on a cabinet - for left&right flipper)

F8 is for Start New Game/Credit

F10 is for Shoot Ball (or 0/insert)

P is Pause, Space for Go

on my german keyboard/Classic99, I play it with "TAB" and "+" (outer edge keys, like on a cabinet - for left&right flipper)

F8 is for Start New Game/Credit

F10 is for Shoot Ball

P is Pause, Space for Go

Thanks!

My highest for now is 59800, but I'll keep trying on this one!

Got 31k+

Took a minute to figure out the "1" and "=" controls, but once that was in the bag, I hit the 31k on my second game... The key is the multipliers.... I couldnt get one on my first game, but I will do what I can after dinner. :)

Good game selection, Chris. :)

I was really hoping for Parsec, but this one will do nicely. ;)