IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

I have to confess... I HATE this game. I have never gotten the hang of it and I never want to play long enough to try.

I'm still trying to crack 100,000 in MunchMan again. :/

:)

I played it once, maybe 10 years ago, and I didn't like it either. I thought the controls were sluggish. And I didn't know how to safely jump over the aliens. There seemed to be more luck involved than pixel perfect movement. I thought, how could they do something like this.

With this thread I gave it one more shot. Still frustrated, and then sought out information about how to play. Well, one thing one has to remember is, in those days you had to read the manual. Then it became much more enjoyable. I then read it had won awards like "game of the year" !? Well, things were certainly different back then.

So level 1 and 2 are easy - once you know how. I kept loosing my lives on level 3 though, so I gave up.

What's the trick to level 3 ?

:mad:

I keep failing level 3, howerver, I got a top score with 9780. :D

attachicon.gif9780.jpg

Come on guys, letsegettegoing!

Hardly have time to play this month. Just did a try again 9255, but also not be able to pass level 3 (cannot remember I ever did as a kid. it was one of the first assembly

games we converted to Cassette Tape and load it using a TI with intern 32K). You can see all levels at the beginning (just wait and they pass by, but I agree the game is

too hard, I hope the next one is not Jet Set Willy. great game, but also difficult).

I have to confess... I HATE this game. I have never gotten the hang of it and I never want to play long enough to try.

I'm still trying to crack 100,000 in MunchMan again. :/

Sorry about that .... yeah ... that 250.000 score is also still on my mind to beat that (Friday I am on a 20+ hour travel to USA, it takes about 20 min. to reach 150.000 points, so I guess I have about 20 tries if it takes 40 min per game and no sleep at all?

• 2 weeks later...