IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

On 4/23/2023 at 10:22 PM, globeron said:

(I cannot do the parallel walk/blasting in JS99er.net and Classic99) .cc @Asmusr / @Tursi

Classic99 gets keypresses from Windows, and is optimized for typing, but I'd expect you could do it with arrow keys. Definitely a real joystick.

But that's not enough information for me to do anything with, and I can't read the whole thread. What are the two keys you're trying to press at once?

I loved TI RUNNER! Unfortunately, I had a knack for dying and got tired of starting from level 1, so I wound up modifying the program. Instead of losing a life every time I died, I gained a life. This was just a way to keep track of how many times I died. And it was a lot, in the hundreds, as I remember. I did finish all the levels, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, Tursi said:

Classic99 gets keypresses from Windows, and is optimized for typing, but I'd expect you could do it with arrow keys. Definitely a real joystick.

But that's not enough information for me to do anything with, and I can't read the whole thread. What are the two keys you're trying to press at once?

I did a quick test with Classic99. S/D with K/L at the same time doesn't work because they are characters, but if you use the arrow keys (remember they map to ESDX by default, and joystick only if the app is expecting joysticks), then you can press K or L at the same time. (I don't know if under the hood it's reading the arrows as keys or joysticks, but what's important it is works, eh? ;) )

On 5/2/2023 at 1:11 PM, Tursi said:

I did a quick test with Classic99. S/D with K/L at the same time doesn't work because they are characters, but if you use the arrow keys (remember they map to ESDX by default, and joystick only if the app is expecting joysticks), then you can press K or L at the same time. (I don't know if under the hood it's reading the arrows as keys or joysticks, but what's important it is works, eh? ;) )

@Asmusr / @Tursi

sorry for the delay I was travelling, I  just tested it for both JS99er.net and Classic99 and it works now for me, when using S, D (for directions) and use K, L for bombing (normally I use the blasting at the back of the walking direction when jumping, then I can get to the key and jump further down. 

May 2023 competition -

CRACKY - a game created in 2023 by Inufuto / RetroPC (on Youtube)

I literally arrived just now back from Japan.   

ゲームを楽しむ  (enjoy the game)

Binary:

cracky8.bin

MAME or Batocera:

cracky.rpk

Source:

http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/cracky/

http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/16bit/ti99/cracky_bin.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, InsaneMultitasker said:

I played LIFT last night and found it to be a fun game. It took me a few screens to realize that I could press left/right while falling to get to the next platform.  After a few rounds, I wasn't so likely to paint myself into a corner ;)  

I noticed that after you capture the first flag one will start blinking, capturing that flag next will get you 100 points with each successive blinking flag doubling in score, the second blinker will be 200 then 400 and the last blinking flag is 800. All non blinking flags are 50 points I guess. Does having a lot of extra time on the timer get you anything more than extra time to solve a level? 🙂

• Thanks 2

On 6/18/2023 at 3:06 AM, Ksarul said:

Looks like @Smoker Ace and @globeron are neck-in-neck for this month's competition. It is definitely fun to watch, as my ability to actually play games totally sucks. . .

@Ksarul😁 looks like we have a new leading player! Welcome @tmop69 🙂! More entries (posted scores) make it even more interesting and fun. Geez it takes so long to get to level 10 but,  Ok, I'm in!

15880 on TI-99/4A

I farted around getting the camera so I could get a shot of Level 10, I had 2 lives when I got there but missed the lift and got eaten.. 2nd guy, I don't know... Horse isn't happy either, just 30 more points.

lift 15830.jpg

lift 15880.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1