IGNORED

Carl Forhan / Songbird Productions

82-T/A

I don't have anything active at the moment, but I am hoping to work on another Jag project this winter (made the "mistake" last year of coding Protector RESURGENCE all summer when it is nice out in Minnesota ;) ). I would love to resume work on my Lynx projects, particularly Ultravore which is a really solid fighting game, however I need to find an alternative source for making Lynx carts so currently I would not have a way to produce carts once the game is done.

• Like 3

I don't have anything active at the moment, but I am hoping to work on another Jag project this winter (made the "mistake" last year of coding Protector RESURGENCE all summer when it is nice out in Minnesota ;) ). I would love to resume work on my Lynx projects, particularly Ultravore which is a really solid fighting game, however I need to find an alternative source for making Lynx carts so currently I would not have a way to produce carts once the game is done.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Definitely like the backing/cart that Duranik did with their recent Alpine Games re-release, would be cool if you could do the same with Ultravore when it comes out =)

Yeah, if the cartridge production does not have to be in the US, contacting Lynxman will surely help; designing Lynx cards is his speciality, he also did the Alpine Games card design.

For Ultravore I just fear two playable fighters would be too little for a full release. Would be cool if more could be added.

We're in the wrong forum for this (except that Ultravore was the predecessor to Ultra Vortek on the Jaguar, of course :) ), but yes, I agree, my intention was always to have at least 4 fighters in Ultravore to give some variety. Did a quick check, and it looks like there is only 45KB free in the current 256KB Ultravore ROM. The complete set of animation frames for one fighter occupies somewhere around 80KB, so that would mean a 512KB cart in order to include 2-3 additional fighters and maybe a second battlefield background.

• 4 years later...