IGNORED

VCF Midwest

ClausB

bah, nobody replies to my thread, huh? :D

I did, but you didn't reply to my inquiry :sleep:

-Michael

Edit: Opps! This isn't your thread after all :dunce: stupid me. However if you or someone else knows when something like this will happen in the SF bay area of northern CA, I would be very grateful.

Edited by mytekcontrols

I did, but you didn't reply to my inquiry :sleep:

-Michael

Edit: Opps! This isn't your thread after all :dunce: stupid me. However if you or someone else knows when something like this will happen in the SF bay area of northern CA, I would be very grateful.

I couldn't answer that question. These events tend to be entirely local. The guy who runs VCF MW lives in the area, that's why it happens here. If you want it to happen by you, organize it then. :)

Joey - When will one of these be coming to the bay area (as in northern California) again?

-Michael

The Atari Party was held in Davis, California this year. I'm an east coast fellow, but if I recall Davis isn't that far from San Fran.

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2015/#top

I know its only Atari stuff, but at least you do have an event to attend.

I couldn't answer that question. These events tend to be entirely local. The guy who runs VCF MW lives in the area, that's why it happens here. If you want it to happen by you, organize it then. :)

Thanks Joey. I've been out of the scene for a long time, and was assuming that these were still regular events held in multiple locations across the US. Wishful thinking on my part.

The Atari Party was held in Davis, California this year. I'm an east coast fellow, but if I recall Davis isn't that far from San Fran.

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2015/#top

I know its only Atari stuff, but at least you do have an event to attend.

Thanks Fletch. Yep Davis is not that far from me, and I travel by it every few weeks. I'll be sure to check out that link you provided as well.

-Michael

Indy would be a good place, but I don't know that the users here are ready for that kind of undertaking.

What's his face from the podcasts has said multiple times he wants to start one by him (near whitestown I believe) and last year I volunteered to help and even help front the rental fees (when I still had my business and had the money coming in to actually do such) but he didn't seem too serious.

It doesn't have to be something big, rent some space, pre-sell some table spots for a reasonable fraction of the cost (I'd get one just to hopefully sell off all my commodore stuff, even if for just a few bucks a piece) and then get the word out there about it on here/reddit/facebook. Indy makes a hellofalot more sense than some suburb of Chicago as it's more centralized, people from anywhere in IL/IN/KY/OH/MI could easily come down for just the day.

Anyone going JUST Saturday from Indy? I'd like to go but I've no desire to drive up myself (car is having some traction control/stabilitrak/abs issues) but would cough up some gas money and/or first dibs at some commodore stuff I'd take up for the free pule

Not going but... I can give you some tips on your auto issues. What you have wrong is that a wheel speed sensor is malfunctioning or non functioning. Part of the sensor is a magnetic pickup positioned on a wheel hub/bearing assembly, or on an axle. The other part of the sensor function is a toothed reluctor ring inside the axle or wheel hub/bearing that the pickup senses. Judging by your terminology, I assume you have a GM product? This can happen on any brand, but "stabilitrak" made me think GM.

Gen 8 Impala, it's a known issue on Impalas and Chevy refuses to acknowledge it. So everytime I get in the car I have to turn off stabilitrak and traction control otherwise if I turn the wheel left at all it... for the lack of a better word will shudder and temporarily disengage throttle control in little bursts until you stop turning the wheel... and it'll just randomly turn itself back on while you're driving meaning you have to turn it off again.

http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-8th-gen-discussion/402961-stabillitrak-abs-traction-control-issue.html

We've got a discussion on it over there, I went to add what you said to the thread and someone had already had a mechanic tell them something similar, but replacing the sensors didn't solve the problem. I've not checked to see if the cable is the issue as per this techlink (page 6).

Edited by ryanmercer

A Tech2 scan tool will be able to pinpoint it.

EDIT:

Replacing the sensors won't do it if the issue is in the reluctor ring. That requires a hub assembly replacement. Chaffed wiring harness... it's easy to visually inspect it. If the insulation isn't chaffed.... it isn't the issue. A Tech2 will be able to read the wheel speed sensors and it can be determined easily if there is one not reporting or is in disagreement with the others. It can also read the steering wheel angle position sensor too.

Edited by fujidude