IGNORED

Howard Epyx development kit video

LX.NET

Interesting video, the debugger software looks to be pretty powerfull.

To bad the lcd display has issues.

The pixel clock for the "a" part looks to be bad.

The other parts also look bad don't know if that would be software related. Maybe another (data?) line also has issues.

Question of course is what causes the problem

Bad connection in the glued connector (most likely)

Lcd gone bad

Something on the board gone bad

It might be repairable, but I wouldn't feel confident toying around with such a rare piece of equipment.

Interesting video, the debugger software looks to be pretty powerfull.

To bad the lcd display has issues.

The pixel clock for the "a" part looks to be bad.

The other parts also look bad don't know if that would be software related. Maybe another (data?) line also has issues.

Question of course is what causes the problem

Bad connection in the glued connector (most likely)

Lcd gone bad

Something on the board gone bad

It might be repairable, but I wouldn't feel confident toying around with such a rare piece of equipment.

I did open up the Howdy once and carefully fiddled with the LCD connector. The left third did show correctly then. So it might simply be that bad connection. Once I managed to get a good screen with the actual blue background and yellow numbers for the math demos. My best guess is that the ritual is not as simple as I am doing it now. Still working my way through the Epyx documentation (again). For the Pinky/Mandy you need to load a bootstrap monitor program first. Howard does not need that, but it might need something to do the proper initialization of the hardware. I'll contact Harry Dodgson again and ask him. Already did a while ago, but he might have missed it. I'll gently nudge my questions in his PM box. ;)

Edited by LX.NET

BTW, I might do another video on the Handebug tooling once I know how to use it a bit better. I do know how to do the Step functionality and read the bus data.

Here's something I wrote a while back on the Pinky/Mandy kit: https://atarilynxdeveloper.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/epyx-development-kit-part-2-pinky-and-mandy/