IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback 2

atarifan88

And to think I posted this almost two years ago and Bump N Jump, BurgerTime, Commando, and a fixed Tower of Doom actually have a chance to make it on the next Intellivision Flashback! Hopefully this keeps moving in the right direction.

You saw it here first in the "Original" Intellivision Flashback 2 Thread! :P :lol:

Commando is from Capcom. Its probably too expensive to get them along with Data East.

Commando is from Capcom. Its probably too expensive to get them along with Data East.

According to THIS it's Data East & Capcom. So because Capcom is part of the equation, it will be more difficult to get this game on the Flashback? Rats!

The Data East list of games that I found are:

BurgerTime
Diner
Lock N Chase
Am I missing any others?
Edited by atarifan88

Mission-X, BumpnJump

Edit: You can say "Thin Ice" is a Data East game, but it does not use any trademarks or copyrightable graphics/sound.

I think Data East licensed and relicensed Commando in the 1980s but they would have no interest in it now.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I doubt Capcom would be too expensive. They have licensed stuff out to AtGames before (on the Genesis remake consoles) as well as RetroBit (both the Generations console and the upcoming SuperBoy and Generations handhelds). They just did a slew of awful Mega Man remakes for mobile, which I think took a steaming dump on their brand. Of all the old third parties, I think they're the most likely to sell out for exposure.

Data East seems somewhat trickier, depending on the strength of the company that currently holds their rights.

I'm most concerned that Disney won't play along with the TRON games, though all their Star Wars GOG/Steam retro releases give me hope, as do those Disney NES games coming back.

I want Activision and Imagic most of all. The Imagic Intellivision games were particularly fresh.

According to THIS it's Data East & Capcom. So because Capcom is part of the equation, it will be more difficult to get this game on the Flashback? Rats!

We don't know yet, so let's not make unsupported assumptions.

Good progress is being made on the Data East stuff (although it's obviously no longer Data East), but Capcom is not really on the table. I don't know the current status of the Disney licenses, but I'd consider that extremely unlikely as well. I'd also consider an HD version of anything this year outside of the Atari and Sega stuff extraordinarily unlikely. Given the time constraints, if this and any other similar projects were to go ahead, I'd expect a minor iteration of the existing hardware at best, meaning SD over composite. If it does indeed see release in 2017 and happens to do well, I don't see why it wouldn't get an HD update in 2018, but that's pretty far out to think about and a lot can happen between now and then.

Good progress is being made on the Data East stuff (although it's obviously no longer Data East), but Capcom is not really on the table. I don't know the current status of the Disney licenses, but I'd consider that extremely unlikely as well. I'd also consider an HD version of anything this year outside of the Atari and Sega stuff extraordinarily unlikely. Given the time constraints, if this and any other similar projects were to go ahead, I'd expect a minor iteration of the existing hardware at best, meaning SD over composite. If it does indeed see release in 2017 and happens to do well, I don't see why it wouldn't get an HD update in 2018, but that's pretty far out to think about and a lot can happen between now and then.

Activision?

post-2410-0-52322700-1490710156.png

Imagic?

post-2410-0-78794600-1490710170_thumb.jpg

Yes, those are third parties too. ;-) I would not expect them on the Intellivison Flashback 2, at least for this year (if there is a this year). My best guess at the moment is probably the same library as the first Intellivision Flashback and Data East-related stuff. It's still early in the process, though.

I'm not sure they even know who now owns the properties for Scarfinger, Spina the Bee, Illusions, World Cup Soccer, Championship Tennis, Fireman, Pizzatime, Magic Carpet, etc..

King of the Mountain belongs to Intellivision Productions and they released it before. Has ATGames done unreleased or unfinsihed games before?

edit:

Intellivision Productions does have a bunch of Tutorvision games most of which nobody has even seen.

-------------------------------

And there's also Locomotion (Konami), and MOTU (Mattel).

Edited by mr_me

King of the Mountain belongs to Intellivision Productions and they released it before. Has ATGames done unreleased or unfinsihed games before?

edit:

Intellivision Productions does have a bunch of Tutorvision games most of which nobody has even seen.

We have on the Atari Flashback side, including M Network (Sword Fight, etc.) and Atari stuff (Wizard, Tempest, etc.). I don't really think it's something worth pursuing at this time on the Intellivision side, but again, we'll see how things shake out with all of this.

Burgertime is no longer Data East????

Who owns Burgertime.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c

• Like 1

Mission-X, BumpnJump

Edit: You can say "Thin Ice" is a Data East game, but it does not use any trademarks or copyrightable graphics/sound.

I think Data East licensed and relicensed Commando in the 1980s but they would have no interest in it now.

Is It confirmed who owns thin ice?