IGNORED

Disk & Tape games

ssj

Is there any good comprehensive listing of all (or as close as possible) commercial disk and tape released games for TI-99/4A? Information about carts is widely available, but couldn't find anything detailed enough about disk/tape releases most of the listings and rom sets floating around mix commercial releases, with homebrew and magazine stuff without making any differentiation between them.

This brings the lists to the magnitude of thousands of games and I never had the impression there were as near as that amount of commercial disk based games so I assume most of those will be type ins from magazines, books, etc. which normally mean low quality stuff. Would be nice to be able to check some listing of actual commercially released games.

Gamebase info doesn't seem to be very accurate on this particular case, over 2,000 games published by Texas Instruments just doesn't seem right to me when the total amount of Gamebase entries is just above 3500. It also mixes commercial releases with type-ins, etc. together and at least I couldn't find a way to differentiate between both.

Gamebase info doesn't seem to be very accurate on this particular case, over 2,000 games published by Texas Instruments just doesn't seem right to me when the total amount of Gamebase entries is just above 3500. It also mixes commercial releases with type-ins, etc. together and at least I couldn't find a way to differentiate between both.

Yeah, it's not perfect. I like and benefit from the project, but haven't contributed much. But I feel I almost have to defend it. :|

It is guaranteed to have taken many, many hours to get as far as it has. It's the best I've seen (collection of disk and tape games). The actual games, applications, demos etc. are in there, with screenshots, in a database format, and set up to run relatively easy with emulation.

And I guess any help with the project or updates to the database will be appreciated.

;)

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

I wasn't criticizing Gamebase at all, it's definitely the best resource for games and I know OX has put hundreds of hours into it. I was just stating it doesn't seem to have the info I'm trying to find which is a list of commercially published disk and tape games and that's it so please don't try to take this into any other direction.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not perfect. I like and benefit from the project, but haven't contributed much. But I feel I almost have to defend it. :|

It is guaranteed to have taken many, many hours to get as far as it has. It's the best I've seen (collection of disk and tape games). The actual games, applications, demos etc. are in there, with screenshots, in a database format, and set up to run relatively easy with emulation.

And I guess any help with the project or updates to the database will be appreciated.

;)

Thanks for the defence Sometimes, It did indeed take a long time to compile - over 2 years of my spare time and a lot of stuff came on random disk images that I could'nt find anything about so it was simply entered as "Texas Instruments". In hindsight I should not have taken so much time to compile the Gamebase but it became a labour of love and it the end it cost me my marriage, I'm now facing financial difficulties at the wrong end of my 40's so my basic priority is now survival and hanging on to what I have left - otherwise you all would have had an update to the Gamebase by now. Who knows maybe one day I'll get sorted out and be back with an update and might actually get to own a TI99/4A.

• Like 1

In hindsight I should not have taken so much time to compile the Gamebase but it became a labour of love and in the end it cost me my marriage, I'm now facing financial difficulties at the wrong end of my 40's so my basic priority is now survival and hanging on to what I have left - otherwise you all would have had an update to the Gamebase by now. Who knows maybe one day I'll get sorted out and be back with an update and might actually get to own a TI99/4A.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for the best.

• Like 1