IGNORED

Great USB Controllers

gamegalaxy

If you're looking for USB controllers that work great with emulator on both Mac & PC - Check out these controllers I reviewed!

Did you perhaps miss the "analog" button on the Donop? I have a different brand similar controller to that one and it also has a button to switch the function of the sticks between analog and digital mode.

Why use knock offs when you can use the real thing? ANY of them.....

10384622_1234210086596436_44250631746166

I have the a Trio-Linker Plus II - but this just simplifies and does away with the needs of adapters and less cables - but it is all in what you want to do =)

Thanks for posting this vid though - this device looks great!

Edited by gamegalaxy

Did you perhaps miss the "analog" button on the Donop? I have a different brand similar controller to that one and it also has a button to switch the function of the sticks between analog and digital mode.

Ahhhh I'll have to try that - you might be right, I thought it did not do much since the analogue sticks worked with out it enabled - but I have a feeling you may be correct! I'll test it out tonight -

Ahhhh I'll have to try that - you might be right, I thought it did not do much since the analogue sticks worked with out it enabled - but I have a feeling you may be correct! I'll test it out tonight -

I bet that will do it. It does on mine. If mine is in "digital" mode the sticks work like Atari 2600 controller sticks. If in the "analog" mode, there is a range of values supported for X and Y axis.

I have a pair of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Twelve-Button-Game-Controller-USB-GAMEPAD/dp/B00AEWTSWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439929273&sr=8-1&keywords=sabrent+game

They are under $10. Only has 3/5 rating but I find them to work well enough without much issue. Plus they work on every machine I have tried so far (Linux included). Notice they have 6 buttons on the right, not just 4.

Edited by fujidude

I'm partial to Logitech controllers. I've beaten some tough games such as the first two NES Ninja Gaidens and "Batman" with the F310. My only complaint is that the triggers are kind of stiff, but I rarely need to use them. I wish it had another pair of shoulder buttons instead of the triggers. It also seems better made than the Dual Action pad that I also liked.

I'm thinking of getting another one for when this one inevitably wears out from heavy use.

I use an F310 too. I've had trouble with the triggers and some PS1 games. I have L2 and R2 mapped properly but in some games that require both one of the trigger buttons and a face button to be pressed at the same time, it won't read there presses from the trigger.

Dunno if its the controller, my emulator, or what. There is a lot going on there. One bad thing about PC emulation I guess.

I use an F310 too. I've had trouble with the triggers and some PS1 games. I have L2 and R2 mapped properly but in some games that require both one of the trigger buttons and a face button to be pressed at the same time, it won't read there presses from the trigger.

Dunno if its the controller, my emulator, or what. There is a lot going on there. One bad thing about PC emulation I guess.

Yeah I haven't used it THAT much now that I'm currently at my home - I primarily console game, but I'm still undecided if I actually like the controller yet.

lol made me feel like I was in a lecture!

(here is another one -- not a lecture :-),

a fun way of playing a single-player game with 2x persons by starting the emulator 2x times:

(sorry about the "lecture" that is my daily job talking about Wireless and Security" :)

but for the TI-99 Video channel it is used to record how to setup all the "hardware" in emulators, which can be complex

(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jwHlQfNTAKQ9WdKORAnpA)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know it took me awhile to try it out but yes! the ANALOG button did fix it - I ignored it because the stick still responded without it being turned on but I now see it is a way to switch from digital to analog.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what to do in regards to needing longer USB cables? I have a Mayflash PC/PS2/PS3 stick that I got quite cheap back in the day I'd like to use on my Ouya, but when I connect a 10 foot USB extension cable, the controller doesn't work at all on my PC or Ouya. I definitely need longer than a few feet on my big screen TV. Is there a certain extender I can use, or is it just not possible?

USB has a 5 meter limit generally. You need to ensure that the total run of original cable and extension is not more than that. If you are under that and still have problems, then perhaps either the USB or extension cable is of too thin wire gauge or too poorly made.

Edited by fujidude

USB has a 5 meter limit generally. You need to ensure that the total run of original cable and extension is not more than that. If you are under that and still have problems, then perhaps either the USB or extension cable is of too thin wire gauge or too poorly made.

I just wish there was a way to know before I bought it. Strangely, it worked on my old PC. Unless the cable just shit the bed.

It is possible a cable went bad, especially if it was a poor one to begin with (and soooo many of them out there are really bad). It also could be a poor one, and the USB electronics one one machine can deal with a marginal cable, and the other USB port can't.

It will be easy for you to test if the cable went bad, by testing it on the other machine that it used to work on.