IGNORED

AGENT U.S.A

gamegalaxy

Has anyone ever actually beaten Agent USA? I was thinking about it today that I never finished it!

Man, that brings back memories! I used to play the hell out of this game in my middle school days at school on their Apple II. Couldn't beat it then, but I finally played the C64 version about ten years ago and finally did it. It's actually not that hard if you use a little planning....first figure out where the TV is in relation to your starting city. Travel to a small town (two screens) and in the second screen lay a lot of crystals and let them grow. Try to get near 100. Then start traveling to the city with the TV, taking time and effort to lay down crystals to save infected people as you go along and let them have some spares, and keep your limit near 100. When you get to your final destination city, dart right in for the TV to touch it, avoiding everyone else. You can do it in as little as 20 minutes with some luck.

Man, that brings back memories! I used to play the hell out of this game in my middle school days at school on their Apple II. Couldn't beat it then, but I finally played the C64 version about ten years ago and finally did it. It's actually not that hard if you use a little planning....first figure out where the TV is in relation to your starting city. Travel to a small town (two screens) and in the second screen lay a lot of crystals and let them grow. Try to get near 100. Then start traveling to the city with the TV, taking time and effort to lay down crystals to save infected people as you go along and let them have some spares, and keep your limit near 100. When you get to your final destination city, dart right in for the TV to touch it, avoiding everyone else. You can do it in as little as 20 minutes with some luck.

Wow - I'll have to try your strategy soon!

I finally did beat the C64 version as an adult just a few years ago. The music REALLY sticks with you on this one. I tried something similar to the strategy above, growing crystals in a 2 screen town is important because you can push all the citizens on trains and have it all to yourself. However, I found that it is the run to the FuzzBomb made about 20-40 minutes in that is critical. If you wait too long, it is just too hard to get to him untouched. I also would wait until the FuzzBomb was in a town with only a few screens to limit interference. Savestates helped limit the repetition.

Another strategy that I've heard suggested is to grow crystals in a town kinda near FuzzBomb (two screen town as suggested) and let citizens pick them up. Then push them onto trains heading toward the source of the infection. This helps reduce the fuzz a little and aids you as you make your surgical strike to hit mr FuzzBomb.

The game is sure a lot easier now that I know how to type (faster tickets if you bother with that) AND know my geography a bit better.

• Like 1