IGNORED

New game project: Jetpac

Vorticon

• 2 weeks later...

Jet Pac 1.0 is now available :) Files in the first post of this thread.

I am eternally indebted to Willsy for all his support, help and patience with my endless questions during the development process. Mark, you are the best :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A huge thank you also goes to OLD CS1 for his willingness to take on the creation of the sound effects for the game!

Thank you as well to Omega for creating the great game label :)

A last but not least, thanks to the AtariAge TI community for the comments and suggestions during the process :)

• Like 7

Are there major limitations to using a 64K EPROM in this scheme? It would be great if the finished product was available as a cartridge even if 32k RAM expansion was still required.

As for the idea of a Forth to machine language compiler, that would clearly be Nirvana |:)

Just reviewing the history of this thread. I guess I'll have to eat my hat since I managed to embed TF and Jetpac in a cart ;-)

• Like 4

Well darn it all to heck (the words mumbled to myself were far less family-friendly)

I was hoping Jetpac would work under Turbo Forth 1.2.1, (even though the first post DID made it clear it req'd 1.2.2) but alas, I guess will have to replace the eprom after all.

Guess I knew I'd have to do it sooner or later, but looks like Jetpac will have to wait (on the console anyway) a couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a couple of bug fixes to Jet Pac, which hopefully should be it. If Jetman dies facing to the left, he regenerates facing right, but the variable dealing with the facing was not being reset, so he starts firing from his arse until he moves. While certainly an interesting concept, I think I'll reserve this "ability" for a future game :D

I also lengthened the rocket take off and landing sound effect to last the whole sequence. There was also an issue with the score display with the disk version only, also corrected.

Files in the first post.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the off-topic question, but "Stranger" is sold out. Are there any plans to make more carts?

I make more all the time. I just don't put up unlimited stock and then have to make people wait for shipping. I put up 2-3 at a time and make more when they sell out. I put up a couple today.

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper