IGNORED

Intv homebrew complaint thread

Rev

Not that long ago , I would say maybe 3 to 4 years ago... we were even 1.10 to your 1... Crazy how things change.. I think a north American dollar is needed.. like the Euro...

I recall something called the 'amero' or along those lines. I wonder what happened to it.

Honestly, I don't think that's going to fly. I think it's more the reality of whether you're a single system collector or an every system collector (like me), you just have to reach a psychologically healthy place where you realize that you can't possibly afford everything you want, so sometimes you'll miss out. I don't think developers/publishers need to do anything except create and release product, with the only timing considerations being whether or not they'll be able to sell the amount they need to sell. There should be no other practical concerns, including for the financial health of the compulsive collector.

Well said as always

I recall something called the 'amero' or along those lines. I wonder what happened to it.

Yes I think I remember something like that.. I think it had to do with how the USD is basically used a world currency at the time/now... So there was no way that would of happened .. I do hope for both our economies/and how much trade we do.. That it would happen one day...

But like I mentioned thanks for keeping the cost reasonable for your games.. It sure helps us Canucks... :)

THIS!!! 100% THIS!!!

All of you guys who are releasing games... listen to this man, and follow this plan... NOW.

What sort of extra fee would you be willing to pay for Rev to rent a storage facility to store all these layaway games while he tries to move on to his next project?

Honestly, I don't think that's going to fly. I think it's more the reality of whether you're a single system collector or an every system collector (like me), you just have to reach a psychologically healthy place where you realize that you can't possibly afford everything you want, so sometimes you'll miss out. I don't think developers/publishers need to do anything except create and release product, with the only timing considerations being whether or not they'll be able to sell the amount they need to sell. There should be no other practical concerns, including for the financial health of the compulsive collector.

Great answer, and this is why I chose to collect for one system long ago.....financial reality.

I still have most systems and a lot of multi carts and lots of boxed games I bought at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets along the way!

But mostly I love the Intellivision and collect CIB for that system only.

There is no only right or wrong way to collect. pick choose and collect as you can afford to. Its all good as long as it remains fun to the individual.

By the way, I am so lucky I have a friend nearby and plays the games, and my Son is still at home he plays too! Land Battle and Takeover will be fun for us! ;-) :thumbsup:

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 1

Think of it this way. How did the Intellivision homebrew scene begin? A 4-Tris here... a Stonix there... a Minehunter here... a SG&R there... with homebrews being released SLOWLY with lots of time in between.

Under this formula... aren't we all still here to talk about it? I mean, we survived, right? The world didn't end... our Earth didn't spin off its axis...

SO WHY CHANGE IT??? It's a formula that worked... it did NOT bring an end to human civilization as we know it... so why not STICK with it???

Edited by Eric7100

Bring 'em on I say! The more choices, the better. And you shouldn't feel the need to collect them all. Just purchase the ones you know or think you'll want to play. Bet you'd have an easier time "keeping up" if you heeded such advice. ;)

Myself? I'd love to buy Land Battle, but since it's two-player only, probably not gonna happen. Maybe someone like David would be interested in giving it the Super Pro treatment? I'd be all over it then. :)

Bring 'em on I say! The more choices, the better. And you shouldn't feel the need to collect them all. Just purchase the ones you know or think you'll want to play. Bet you'd have an easier time "keeping up" if you heeded such advice. ;)

Myself? I'd love to buy Land Battle, but since it's two-player only, probably not gonna happen. Maybe someone like David would be interested in giving it the Super Pro treatment? I'd be all over it then. :)

Oh yeah, bring em on is a great idea! ;-)

Thanks

• Like 2

I, for one, greatly appreciate Rev so much for picking up the reins and taking over major production of CIB Intellivision homebrew games as Intelligentvision may/may not produce games anymore and Elektronite and Left Turn Only have not produced new products/games or have had significant delays on major endeavors for several months to years now. It must take great amount of personal effort, time and investment of funds on his part (and his partners) to keep producing these games for everyone so to complain that he is producing too many games when he is largely single-handedly holding up the hobby for all of us is just plain ridiculous and selfish to do so. He could be spending time with his family but is supporting the hobby he loves and all of us in the process. If you can't afford to keep up with purchasing all of the games then accept and be happy with what you have and don't bring down the hobby and everyone else with the same old complaints. Keep pumping out the games Rev!!!

• Like 5

Think of it this way. How did the Intellivision homebrew scene begin? A 4-Tris here... a Stonix there... a Minehunter here... a SG&R there... with homebrews being released SLOWLY with lots of time in between.

Under this formula... aren't we all still here to talk about it? I mean, we survived, right? The world didn't end... our Earth didn't spin off its axis...

SO WHY CHANGE IT??? It's a formula that worked... it did NOT bring an end to human civilization as we know it... so why not STICK with it???

Why do you think that it's a formula that worked? Just because it happened that way? Many of us who were collecting back them had to wait years before another release came out. Do you feel that if David had released even more games that we wouldn't have bought them? There was clearly a ton of pent up demand when he started releasing games again beginning with Donkey Kong Arcade. We owe thanks to David for showing other producers that there was/is still a vibrant homebrew audience willing to buy new Inty games in 2015.

I'm glad we have (hopefully) lots of Inty game options in the near future and I will certainly do my best to support all of them as best I can and I certainly thank Rev for putting his time, money and energy into releasing these games on whatever schedule he sees he sees fit. I'm not certain that constantly chiding and deriding him for not releasing them in a manner that suits your schedule best is productive. I genuinely hope that being browbeaten by you doesn't cause him to decide that his time is better spent doing something else..... :(

• Like 4

I'm not certain that constantly chiding and deriding him for not releasing them in a manner that suits your schedule best is productive.

I am merely expressing my point of view on the matter. I wish more people would agree that slower is better. We wouldn't have to choose that way. We could have them all.

I genuinely hope that being browbeaten by you doesn't cause him to decide that his time is better spent doing something else.....

C'mon... you know as well as I do that Rev won't slow down for anybody. My words don't even phase him, apparently. I mean... timing his latest releases just 3 days before Christmas when all of our wallets are already drained/strained... that is low, man. That is low.

Edited by Eric7100