IGNORED

Intv homebrew complaint thread

Rev

I gave up trying to own all the homebrews a long time ago. I only own 14 of them. Now i just get the ones i know i will play. Which isn't any at the moment. I know it's hard to get out of the "Must Collect Them All" mindset. But it can be done. lol

Hell i haven't played most of mine in a long time.

The only homebrew i regret not picking up was Space Patrol. But that is definitely not the end of the world.

• Like 2

We're going around in circles. I already expressed my thoughts on how the Intellivision Universe seemed to think that the amount of homebrews released from 2001-2010 was reasonable. I already pointed out how we survived it. None of us were "killed off" by the formula that existed. So that formula did not have to change. Please stop making me repeat myself.

I couldn't disagree more. I feel exactly the opposite. The number of homebrews released during that period was nowhere near what I would have liked to have seen released. While I'm not sure what the Intellivision Universe is I get the sense that you seem to feel you speak for them. I would suggest that if you surveyed all the collectors back then if they would have preferred more games to come out they would have answered with a resounding "yes".

While we can't go back in time to find out I suspect the resounding success of Donkey Kong Arcade would suggest that there was a huge appetite for more homebrews. Clearly the formula did need to change....

I couldn't disagree more. I feel exactly the opposite. The number of homebrews released during that period was nowhere near what I would have liked to have seen released. While I'm not sure what the Intellivision Universe is I get the sense that you seem to feel you speak for them. I would suggest that if you surveyed all the collectors back then if they would have preferred more games to come out they would have answered with a resounding "yes".

While we can't go back in time to find out I suspect the resounding success of Donkey Kong Arcade would suggest that their was a huge appetite for more homebrews. Clearly the formula did need to change....

Just the right amount were released, I loved the ride! I don't think even I could keep up at that pace now, I have chosen to work less as I get......older.

I will try to find a way to keep up however, I always do! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This is a list David H. sent on July 7, 2008 to his loyal customers asking if they were interested in seeing previously unreleased games made into cart.
David did a WONDERFUL job releasing many of them, but we all must also thank Rev for releasing those which remained still unreleased.
In red those made by David, in green those made (or soon to be made to my knowledge) by Rev, in blue those made in cooperation.
All of us should thank both of them:
01 - Party Line
02 - King of the Mountain
03 - Illusions
04 - Super ECS Football

05 - Game Factory
06 - Deep Pockets Billiards
07 - ZZZZZ! Spina the Bee

08 - Super Soccer (4 player)
09 - Choplifter
10 - Space Cunt
11 - Number Jumble
12 - Magic Carousel
13 - Go for the Gold
14 - Land Battle
15 - Takeover

You could program Intellivision games and get it published. You can use that money towards more homebrew games like I did with Colecovision homebrews. Of course that money also went toward my personal stuff.

Just let you know, there was a ton of Colecovision homebrew games that came out this year and last year. There will be another big wave coming in February/March whenever it is ready. No one is complaining about the speed of the releases. Also, bunch of Atari 2600 homebrew games just released on Atari-age. Now Atari-age carries Intellivision games that people can buy at anytime they want.

Rev in my opinion is very passionate about the Intellivision. If I recall, his last releases was few weeks ago Number Jumble/catalog, and spring/summer time when Copter Command was ready and shipped. That Copter Command was impressive work and I shown it to my friends and family what came with it and the story behind the patches. The metal copter was icing on the cake.

Your money problems isn't rev's problem. Set aside funds for the games. Work more hours.

• Like 2

Like my Flashback controller adapters and the Dual Action Controller?

;-)

Slow down with your accessory releases. We can't take it. Before long some people will be forced to buy 'store brand' dog food instead of puppy chow.

Too soon? Too soon?

• Like 2