IGNORED

I need your help AtariAge - Narrowing down my collection

Darkchief117

My recommendation is to just play every game on your list and see if you like it or not. That's the beauty of the 2600 - you can get a good impression of a game within a few minutes, so it won't be a huge project.

I beg to differ, at least when it comes to giving every game just a few minutes. I have lots of games that I testplayed after picking them up, and then found them completely forgettable, or cryptic, or stupid or whatever. So they got lost deep in the pile. However, some of those were played in the 2600 High Score Club, which forced me to dig them out and sink my teeth into them. Only then did I discover how much fun some of them are. Never judge a book by its cover.

I beg to differ, at least when it comes to giving every game just a few minutes. I have lots of games that I testplayed after picking them up, and then found them completely forgettable, or cryptic, or stupid or whatever. So they got lost deep in the pile. However, some of those were played in the 2600 High Score Club, which forced me to dig them out and sink my teeth into them. Only then did I discover how much fun some of them are. Never judge a book by its cover.

I absolutely agree with you. There are several games that I didn't think much of when I first tried them, and that then grew on me over time. It's a great experience when that happens.

My advice was based on the OP's situation. There are so many great games on his list that my first impulse was to tell him that most of them are worth keeping as well. However, that doesn't really help the OP's goal of reducing his collection. That's why I recommended he keep only the ones he likes immediately, rather than ones he may end up liking sometime in the future. As others have said, he can always use emulation for the rest. I think that's a good compromise.

• Like 1