IGNORED

Mad Catz Wireless Controller/Receiver Compatiblity

fm2000

Hello, I have a collection of various wireless controller dongles for the PS3, mostly Mad Catz. I searched around all over for some help with this and was not able to find any information anywhere, maybe someone here can help and shed some light on this. Please forgive me if this is a silly question.

Anyways, the Mad Catz dongles are all of the same shape and design, but the FCC IDs and product numbers on the back are all different, and some don't have product numbers at all and just have FCC IDs. Are the Mad Catz dongles compatible with all Mad Catz controllers that came with a dongle of the same design? Are some compatible with controllers with different model numbers but use the same FCC IDs (I was able to look up some by their FCC IDs and found some documents that specify one controller or another)? I found controllers with the same product IDs but were not specified in the FCC documents as going to that particular controller. I don't have any Mad Catz PS3 controllers to try them with, I am pretty confused as to what is compatible or not. There are pictures of various controllers online, but they never show the reverse side of the dongles with the identification on the back.

Thanks in advance for any help.