IGNORED

TI-99/4A - Resources & Lists, PDFs, and some Lists

Schmitzi

Hi Ho,

I´ve tried to make something like a "millenium" list, all things started from 2000.

Not sure if all years are correct. But hope u like it.

wish u a happy new year 2016

Ralf

/\/ / /\\ / \ / \ /\/ \ / \ / \ //\ \ / \ /\/\ /\ /\ //\\ /\ /\ /\ /\\/\ /\/\ /\ /\/ \/ \\/\/\/\/\\ /\ ///\

/ /

\ \ ** NEWS-TICKER: **

/ /

/ / * 2015-12-31 12/31/15 - The Millenium List gallery_41141_1470_4265.gif

• Like 1

The F18 is a very nice device for Text, but the 9938 and 9958 have all that extra video modes 4 times the size of normal TI pixels and128K of VDP to boot!

As you can see from the XHI Demo the MESS has problems with the Emulation of colors pallet for the EVPC, but the fact that 4 times the number of pixels per screen is just kick ass.

• Like 1

Unlike the 9918A and F18A, I only have knowledge about the 9938 from the data sheet, but it appears to me (because of the focus on high resolution modes rather than sprites/scrolling) that it was not really designed with gaming in mind but rather targeted towards a more serious/business use, e.g. a wimp interface. The biggest problem we have on the TI-99/4A with respect to high speed gaming is the bottleneck in the CPU to VDP data transfer, and having VDP bitmaps several times larger only makes it worse. The F18A was designed to squeeze everything possible out of the standard 16K VDP RAM with functionality close to the NES or better. Having said that, it would have been great if Matthew had been able to add just another 16K to the VDP RAM, which I have often wanted for double buffering. I would love to have a 9938 enhanced TI-99 to play around with, but I understand that the output from the 9938 is not compatible with modern monitors, unlike the VGA output of the F18A that works everywhere.

• Like 2

Unlike the 9918A and F18A, I only have knowledge about the 9938 from the data sheet, but it appears to me (because of the focus on high resolution modes rather than sprites/scrolling) that it was not really designed with gaming in mind but rather targeted towards a more serious/business use, e.g. a wimp interface. The biggest problem we have on the TI-99/4A with respect to high speed gaming is the bottleneck in the CPU to VDP data transfer, and having VDP bitmaps several times larger only makes it worse. The F18A was designed to squeeze everything possible out of the standard 16K VDP RAM with functionality close to the NES or better. Having said that, it would have been great if Matthew had been able to add just another 16K to the VDP RAM, which I have often wanted for double buffering. I would love to have a 9938 enhanced TI-99 to play around with, but I understand that the output from the 9938 is not compatible with modern monitors, unlike the VGA output of the F18A that works everywhere.

Lots of RGB to VGA or HD720 or HD1080 converters out there. Also I have the Amiga Monitors that do RGB or Composite.

Lots of RGB to VGA or HD720 or HD1080 converters out there. Also I have the Amiga Monitors that do RGB or Composite.

I've been able to hook up the Geneve's 9938 RGB output up to a GBS-8200 vga upscaler it is a fairly cheap upscaler, as those things go.

This upscaler, first required a composite-sync cleaning chip, the LM1881. Details in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223677-gbs-8220-to-sgcpu-or-geneve/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3407238

-M@

• Like 2

Hehe, so typical for youngsters in the 80ies in Germany: "Null Bock". Ubiquitous in those days, but very rarely to be heard today.

It's hard to be translated in a similarly terse way: "Don't like to do that (or anything)", seeing no benefit by doing that or complying, having no prospect, also "won't do what you want from me for sure", "don't bugger me", "leave me alone". May be related to the Punk movement. Today it's used is a less aggressive way, more just as a lack of motivation.

It was so typical that the artist felt like having to include it on the fence, probably to stress the target audience. Or maybe to say "hey guys, stop with null-bocking, here's something for you".

I wonder what it was called elsewhere.

Ralf, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but would it possible to release some of your awesome lists as Excel (or CSV) files -- in particular the cartridge one? That way you could sort and filter stuff and get even more awesomeness out of them! :)

(I realize that it's like giving the source code away, but hey, so do I! ;) *wink*wink* *nudge*nudge*)