IGNORED

SIO2BT - ordering thread

TheMontezuma

Hi All,

SIO2BT project consist of hardware and software related to the wireless Bluetooth communication between the 8-bit Atari computers and emulated SIO devices.

The Android SIO2BT App can be downloaded at Google Play.

And the link to the PC Software and documentation.

SIO2BT project won the first price in the ABBUC competition 2014.

This year I extended the scope of the project to support a new Networking Device (coming soon as an Android App software update).

To learn more, the original thread is here.

sio2bt.jpg

In this thread you may express your interest in the hardware (I will send you a PM with details).

I recently got some SIO plugs, so I can offer you 2 variants:

- SIO2BT as a KIT (can be easiliy installed inside the ATARI computer) for 20€

- SIO2BT in a SIO plug for 30€

Shipping costs (worldwide) are 6€.

For convenience I uploaded the current version of the manual Sio2BT Manual.pdf.

Please note:

- you can't use SIO2BT with stock Atari 800/400 (Incognito board or any other OS switch is required)

- you can use SIO2BT with stock ATARI XL/XE, but some games/programs may not work (OS patch is recommended for best compatibility)

I will maintain an ordering list to keep you up to date.

• Like 1

Is it possible to get a kit for the SIO plug, without the plug included? If 'yes', how much would that be?

I'm interested in one internal and two that I can install into my own plugs.

Yes, it is possible. You have a PM.

The price difference between the kit and the plug version is really justified.

I use regular SIO plugs from Lotharek and there is a lot of manual work required to fit a BT module into it.

Please be aware that both parts (a plug and a BT module) have to be mechanically reworked.

SIO2Bt-Dongle_640.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have received mine today in the mail.. Downloaded the app to my android device, but how do I get the atr's -- xex's into the android so I can mount them into drive slots.

And is the recommendation to patch the OS needed for higher SIO rates or just so the SIO BT plug will have the delay needed for Bluetooth speeds.

I have received mine today in the mail.. Downloaded the app to my android device, but how do I get the atr's -- xex's into the android so I can mount them into drive slots.

And is the recommendation to patch the OS needed for higher SIO rates or just so the SIO BT plug will have the delay needed for Bluetooth speeds.

OK os.rom is patch and the SIO2BT is working I was able to get some files onto the Android device. Some of the Fandal Flop magazine games don't allow the use of the keyboard using xbios (..) Diamondz, Swapz, Freecell, any of the ones asking for a keypress to start the game.. Others that don't check for the keypress and use the START for game play are working okay..

I'm glad that you got the post delivery.

The OS patch is needed to adjust timouts in the SIO procedure and a patched OS will not support transmission with a higher rate than 19200.

With a patched OS you don't need any loader and with a stock ATARI OS, the xbios loader or xl_xe_xegs.atr will do.

• 2 weeks later...