IGNORED

Wico Command Ball or Bat

Opry99er

I have a Wico Command Bat and a Ball, I recently picked up used off ebay...

I have mixed feelings about them... they look premium.. but I cannot get through the refueling tunnel in parsec with them...

Until tonight, the base button on the Ball didn't work at all... someone had swapped some wires around inside. I put them back and it now behaves just like the Bat.

I'm not sure if either of them behave correctly though... The base/stick switch seems to function only to disable the base, but never disables the stick button. Is that normal?

As I opened up the Ball to see why the base button didn't work, there was plenty of rubber dust. So maybe they just need the contacts cleaned...

I'd be up for a trade.

Here are some photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/ouKARrkurMrEUwBh9

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Nice pics, thanks. I have one question.

Are these the right names for these Joysticks, "Command Bat" and "Ball" ?

(As I want to add them to "The List"....)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241978-ti-99-resources-lets-have-a-list-for-it/?p=3306338

thanks

schmitzi

PS: Maybe you hve a pic from the boxes, with the Wico´s part-numbers ?

PS2: ;) Maybe u have a pic with readable specs from the powersupplies, if exists ?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242092-ti-99-resources-requests-for-facts-specs-data/?p=3308313

WICO-Section from today:

post-41141-0-41211100-1440752115_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wico Command Bat

Wico Command Ball

I believe this is correct terminology.

Those are not normal behaviors, jedi.

The switch should engage the buttons as you think... Base should enable base button, stick should engage stick button. I currently use the ball version, always use stick button option. I earned a SubClub Activision patch on my 2600 scoring over 64,000 points on SeaQuest using the ball. Absolutely love these sticks.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

I have a Wico Command Bat and a Ball, I recently picked up used off ebay...

I have mixed feelings about them... they look premium.. but I cannot get through the refueling tunnel in parsec with them...

Until tonight, the base button on the Ball didn't work at all... someone had swapped some wires around inside. I put them back and it now behaves just like the Bat.

I'm not sure if either of them behave correctly though... The base/stick switch seems to function only to disable the base, but never disables the stick button. Is that normal?

As I opened up the Ball to see why the base button didn't work, there was plenty of rubber dust. So maybe they just need the contacts cleaned...

I'd be up for a trade.

Here are some photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/ouKARrkurMrEUwBh9

Very good looking sticks there. The ball version is my absolute favorite. I have had the same one in my collection for 25+ years... Belonged to my dad before me.

• 3 weeks later...

yes,

with my tester i have a 7.4v in output connecting the positive cable to the + that you have indicated in the picture. but if i will inverting the cables on the connector i have the same value, so i am not sure, just i suppose that it is right as the picture :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1