IGNORED

TI-99 - RESOURCES - Requests for facts, specs & data

Schmitzi

Hi 99ers,

this thread here should be a small helper for collecting some facts, specs & data for the "big list",

(and maybe you can use it for your own requests)

If you have anything NOT mentioned in one of the lists here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241978-ti-99-resources-lets-have-a-list-for-it/?p=3306338

it would be cool if you just could drop it here into the thread (or there) :)

Please don´t hesitate, and any format & content is welcome. (Facts, Text, Links, Pictures, Manuals & WhatEver)

I will integrate anything that is possible and update the PDFs in the thread mentioned above.

For big uploads, you can also use this link ftp://u67140205-atariage:TeXasTI994A@toxic-instruments.com/_IN

or with FTP-proggy:

FTP-HOST: toxic-instruments.com

USER: u67140205-atariage

PASSW: TeXasTIxx4A (and replace the two "xx" here with a "secret" number) :)

FOLDER: _IN

Also eMails up to 99 MB are possible, to 99er [ät] toxic-instruments [döt] com

:) thanks for any contribution

schmitzi

OkeyDokey,

so here is my first request :) :)

As we have a somwhow big list of the most TI-99/4A powersupplies now,

I am searching more accessoiries´ powersupplies now, means the voltage and any specs.

If you have any chance to take one or two nice pics and post them here, would be glad.

They only important thing is that I am able to read ALL imprint from the pics,

to set them into the list (Volt, Amp, Revision/Versions a.s.o)

Here is the actual & very lean list of existings powersupplies,

post-41141-0-77684700-1440599799_thumb.jpg

If you have things like RAMDisks, MBX, Modems or any other equipment with external power,

pleaaaaaaaaaaase give me a pic :)

thanks a lot in advance

schmitzi

• Like 1

Ksarul, dank u well forth e very nice docs :)

So I am able to add the proggies from the "Image"-flyer to the list now,

and I never saw the Gamevision-boxes before. And I miss´em all.

The P-System-Doc for the 99/8 is a extraextra-rare one doc I think.

thanks a lot for the lot

shmeddee

:)

The document was not in my reference set of 99/8 documents until now, and I'll add it to the documents I uploaded to WHT soon too. All of the 99/8 documents are really hard to find as originals from TI. I purchased (or received as gifts from Mike Bunyard) my set from the collections of three of the original 99/8 engineers. As I purchase additional documents from other sources to complete the set, I scan them and put them online to make them available to all. I think most everything for the 99/8 is available now (only a handful of documents are missing), and Blaine has been putting some of the missing ones up, so we may be able to fill in several more of the remaining holes.

On the Image Computer Products tapes, I have two: Wall Street Challenge (in the original box) and Wildcatting (just the tape). I acquired both of them this year, and that was the first time I had ever seen any of their products as originals.

The Gamevision boxes are interesting--I have a complete set of them. The Yahtzee cartridge and box are unbelievably rare (I know of four confirmed copies (at one point I actually owned three of these but I traded two for other cartridges) and possibly one more). Milton Bradley recalled Yahtzee shortly after the original release (released in the fall of 1979 and recalled in the summer of 1980), as there was a bug in the program that made gameplay difficult (the computer cheated). It was never re-released under the Gamevision label. Due to the small numbers of 99/4 machine owners at that time, very few copies of the program escaped the recall.

• Like 3

They required the dual cables because the was no single cassette cable at that time, Schmitzi. . .

On the WICO joysticks--the red entry you have for the Ball joystick can be removed--that is the same as the "Famous Red Ball" entry. I'll check to see if the part number is on my Bat Handle stick. . .

Edited by Ksarul

So, can someone walk me through how to dump the ROM/PROMs on this TMR board? I promised I would do it, but am kinda at a loss of what I need and how to go about it.

Thanks

-M

Oh, and if ANYONE has a p-code card & manual for sale, I would be interested.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi,

I need some H * E * L * P tagging the adventures.

In the first list here, I have listed/tagged all parts with "ADV", means they need or concern Scott Adams´ Adventure-Cartridge

Do you see anything in the list what is NOT for the Adventure-Cartridge ?

TI-99-4A-SW-ADVENTURE-CART-needed-V1.00-beta.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the second list here, the opposite: Parts, which do NOT need the Adventure-Cartridge..... Is it so ?

TI-99-4A-SW-ADVENTURE-CART-NOT-needed-V1.00-beta.pdf

Thanks a lot

Smithee :)

Yes, the Scott Foremans just appear because of the fiter in the "PART"-Column, foe the string "adventure".

What I am thinking about is just to classify the Software which uses the Adventure-Cartridge, by the tag "ADV" you see in the column "House"

All other software which is adventure-like (but not needing the cartridge) runs with the "normal" software listed....

So, I only need to know here from the 2nd, the "NOT"-list, which ones need the ADV-cartridge, though, to give them the tag.

thx

Hi,

I need some H * E * L * P tagging the adventures.

In the first list here, I have listed/tagged all parts with "ADV", means they need or concern Scott Adams´ Adventure-Cartridge

Do you see anything in the list what is NOT for the Adventure-Cartridge ?

attachicon.gifTI-99-4A-SW-ADVENTURE-CART-needed-V1.00-beta.pdf

Thanks a lot

Smithee :)

if the "Fritz´ Adventure Editor" is my editor, that is for Tunnels of Doom. :)

Edited by Fritz442
  • Like 1

If you are splitting the mods apart...

PFM, PFM512, the original ROM-based BOOT BIOS, and the 384K SRAM mods originated with Cecure Electronics. Richard and I both have the ability to perform the modifications, for different historical reasons. The 32K SRAM upgrade was documented by me but originated either with Cecure or Myarc.

Myarc and Cecure Electronics installed the 192K Video RAM. However, a few folks like Alexander Hulpke documented it for the owners.

Genmod and Memex were created and owned by Ron Walters, if memory serves correctly.

• Like 1