IGNORED

Odyssey 1 Price?

Tempest

I have a boxed (and working) Odyssey 1 that I'm considering selling. I believe it's complete with all the various items that it original came with including the mail-order Percepts game cards. I don't remember what Run it's from, but I want to say it's the later one. Everything is in good condition, but the box has some scuffs.

What kind of prices do these go for now days? I've held onto it because it's an important part of gaming history, but I know I'll never actually play with it and thought that it could go to someone who might appreciate it more (not to mention I want to get a PS4).

I would hold on to it simply for the historical value, especially if it still works. There is another reason to consider keeping it for the time being- upcoming homebrews. Check over in the Homebrew Discussion section of the Forums here- we're in the Odyssey 1 homebrew Renaissance. Several are in development with upcoming release dates.

Edited by Blazing Lazers

I did a check on ebay. And from what you got I am going to guesstimate it should be in the range of approx. $300-$500. It should definetley cover the cost of getting a PS4 that's for sure. If you got the light gun/rifle. They go for lots of money as well.

That's amazing..........I didn't check Ebay.........are these actually completed auctions, or just asking prices? I remember thrift stores having these 15-20 years ago and they couldn't even give them away........but the retrogaming craze has made everything "valuable" nowadays

Edited by BadHornet

That's amazing..........I didn't check Ebay.........are these actually completed auctions, or just asking prices? I remember thrift stores having these 15-20 years ago and they couldn't even give them away........but the retrogaming craze has made everything "valuable" nowadays

Yes, they are mainly listed as Buy it Now asking prices. The light gun's go for a few hundred dollars as well complete.

Yes, they are mainly listed as Buy it Now asking prices. The light gun's go for a few hundred dollars as well complete.

No light gun I'm afraid.

I'm always suspicious of those BIN prices. Are people actually going through with the auction or are they being relisted later?

No light gun I'm afraid.

I'm always suspicious of those BIN prices. Are people actually going through with the auction or are they being relisted later?

Never kept a close eye on the auctions for the Original Odyssey. It's most likely they may be relisted. I don't think anyone is willing to shell out several hundred dollars for it. I'd try $250-$300. I personally think $300 is the maximum it should go for.

I would say a realistic price hovers around 200 give or take.

This is good condition with all the parts....or nearly every part.

Important things that will help the sale significantly or boost the price as you sometimes see are:

-Pristine condition

-verified every single part is there

-verified the exact run and production cards are included

-verified it's working and battery compartment is clean

-if you have any extra parts not always included...games, gun, paperwork, etc

-if it comes in its shipping container box

Some of these things see you start getting into the 300, 400 and above prices sometimes.

all the bins on ebay are bullshit speculators...mainly a couple guys...

You can check David winters site too as he documented ebay sales from 07-12.

Hope that helps ;)

• Like 1

I would say a realistic price hovers around 200 give or take.

This is good condition with all the parts....or nearly every part.

Important things that will help the sale significantly or boost the price as you sometimes see are:

-Pristine condition

-verified every single part is there

-verified the exact run and production cards are included

-verified it's working and battery compartment is clean

-if you have any extra parts not always included...games, gun, paperwork, etc

-if it comes in its shipping container box

Some of these things see you start getting into the 300, 400 and above prices sometimes.

all the bins on ebay are bullshit speculators...mainly a couple guys...

You can check David winters site too as he documented ebay sales from 07-12.

Hope that helps ;)

Yes it does. I don't have the shipping container (I'm surprised anyone actually kept those), but I meet the other bullet points. $250 was what I was thinking to be honest.

Cool....yeah if it's complete 100%, confirmed to work and very good condition then I don't think 250 is unrealistic....especially if it were an original run.

Yeah I am surprised to see as many shipping containers as I do. I think it's partly because alot of people probably didn't play the systems that much and to store the system vertically you basically had to keep the shipping container since the system box was the weird lid that just slid off the top of the styrofoam with nothing to hold it on underneath...

Honestly it's not surprising at all that one sold for $155.

It's missing the proprietary rf cord and switch box, it's not verified to work at all.

There is no mention at all of what run it is.

There is no effort to identify if it has even close to all the parts, no pics of half the things that should be there.

A little effort will greatly increase what these will sell for.