IGNORED

Buy a replacement 360 or an XBONE?

JamesD

Get your 360 situation fixed. I've actually been tempted to buy a 3rd working 360 since the price is so low and I don't have one of those newer models. I would replace the 360, but I might buy a new one.

There will be plenty of time to get an Xbone in the years to come.

I was able to get an Xbox 360 for just sixty dollars online. I had to supply my own hard drive, but you know, whatever. It's the E model so it should last me a long, long time.

But yeah, getting right to the point... replace your Xbox 360 first! There's a ton of games on the thing. There are some games on the Xbox One, but they're usually the same games. ~_~;

• Like 1

Buy an Xbox 360 if you're not done with this platform yet.

The day will be here relatively soon where you won't be able to buy a new console, you have an existing library of games for it, and there are a ton of great games that are cheap and readily available for it.

The Xbox One, while it's technically now backwards compatible, is a long ways off before it's anywhere close to being a replacement for the 360. Even with the best timetable, we'll be lucky to see 50% compatibility in the course of the next 3 or 4 years. It will never be any more of a direct replacement for its predecessor than the 360 was for the original Xbox.

The Xbox One on the other hand is still growing and will be around for years to come. Will be plenty of time yet for you to join the club.

Edited by Atariboy

If compatibility and general features were better fleshed out on the One, I'd say go with that, but for right now you're probably better off waiting. There are still a lot of things you can do on the 360 you can't do on the Xbone (like rip your music to the hard drive). Backwards compatibility isn't even a thing yet unless you are in the preview program or have Rare Replay, and that's not due to hit to the rest of the public until November, so you have some time. 360 systems are cheap, so you might as well just get another one.

• 4 weeks later...

360. More games, no Need to install games, games are generally smaller so even if you DO install it eats up less space. Also on Games for live Gold on xbox 360 you Keep all games you get forever, where on x-boner they "updated" their policy to screw you if you stop paying the subscription.

Xbox 360 Controllers are also cheaper, both the original and third Party.

So at least to me it's a no brainer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined back to the Xbox 360 camp with a purchase of a model E. They were having a "deal" that when buying a pre-owned system, you get 5 $10 or under games for free. That, and about 3 or 4 other games and I'm good to go for awhile. Diablo III has been my staple since I re-purchased the Xbox 360...love that game and could play it for another 100 years. More or less. ;)

But seriously, you've already made your decision....so many games that are now dirt cheap to get. I have been trying to figure about how long it will take me to get them all. About 30 years, give or take a decade or two...that'll leave me at what, 89? :D