IGNORED

[Some Relisted] FA: Atari 2600 Rare Games Collection Sale!

riffraff

Yeah that's what I've been doing.. but the 2nd place bidder on all of them (same guy and a user on AA) doesn't want to pay the high bids either.. so It's been fun ;) I just relisted them with the ability to make me an offer.

So what would he have done (the AA user) if he had made it to highest bidder on them? Funny world. I think funny is what I'm supposed to say when I would otherwise rant and rave right?

I guess it's a tough call when you get the second chance offer - was the highest bidder a shill or a joker, is the seller being honest etc (not saying riffraff isn't - just that you start to wonder). If he was a joker, then you could have got the items for what ever the next best bidder behind you was willing to pay - which could have been considerably lower. It's shit when bidders fuck you around - suddenly no one knows who to trust.

Just saying - I didn't bid on these at all

• Like 1

So what would he have done (the AA user) if he had made it to highest bidder on them? Funny world. I think funny is what I'm supposed to say when I would otherwise rant and rave right?

Well, the prices wouldn't have been nearly as high, but you are still offered the item at the high(er) price you lost at. Makes sense to decline if the third place person only bid a fraction of what you did, because you could re-win the item at a lot lower cost. Which is what I've done on a few occasions it's just been two huge bids and I've lost out.

Well, the prices wouldn't have been nearly as high, but you are still offered the item at the high(er) price you lost at. Makes sense to decline if the third place person only bid a fraction of what you did, because you could re-win the item at a lot lower cost. Which is what I've done on a few occasions it's just been two huge bids and I've lost out.

The AA member (2nd place bidder on all 8 listings) is a long-time member here, and when asked if interested to buy one game (I was just starting to go down the list) he said he was now only interested in Espial, with no explanation as to why he bid on the other ones so high without having any interest anymore.

I just relisted everything at a resonable price + make an offer with some success so far. Never had so much trouble with auctions.

The AA member (2nd place bidder on all 8 listings) is a long-time member here, and when asked if interested to buy one game (I was just starting to go down the list) he said he was now only interested in Espial, with no explanation as to why he bid on the other ones so high without having any interest anymore.

I just relisted everything at a resonable price + make an offer with some success so far. Never had so much trouble with auctions.

Well I"m glad it's all working out.

Well, as an AA member on here, you can be helpful to post this person as someone not to deal with for other members to know. I haven't looked at the thread on reputation, but I wouldn't want to deal with that person. I think a complete Espial anywhere near that high is crazy, but it looks like several bidders are willing to pay for it. If I ever get rid of my boxed complete one, I'll be happy. It's the problem with auctions in that you have to wait for payment.

What I do though for some security with non-paying bidders is that there is an option under BUYER REQUIREMENTS in the listing, which you can I guess set as a template online, but I use Turbo Lister. I put that a buyer can't have 2 unpaid strikes within 6 months. There is a 12 month option if you want to go longer, or a 1 month option. There is also a choice of making higher number of strikes. I figure if someone doesn't pay for 2 items in a 6 month period, then I don't trust that person. (This is the only gauge on having negative fb on a buyer since you can't leave it anymore)

When I sell fixed format or Buy It Now, I require immediate payment so I don't have the hassles of non-paying buyers. Negative thing is that you may not realize the full potential of the value of the item. It's a rough thing selling online.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

unfortunately I was the happy loser :(

Sorry man. I have seen your posts a lot on AA and you seem like a good guy. I saw the one earlier in this thread about your desire to have the Cakewalk auction and I knew it would go high most likely since there was at least two of us that wanted it badly. I wondered if the other last second bid was indeed you. :(

Well, as an AA member on here, you can be helpful to post this person as someone not to deal with for other members to know. I haven't looked at the thread on reputation, but I wouldn't want to deal with that person. I think a complete Espial anywhere near that high is crazy, but it looks like several bidders are willing to pay for it. If I ever get rid of my boxed complete one, I'll be happy.

I wouldn't want to out anyone without solid proof, but I'd be happy to share my experiences privately. If you're a friend of mine feel free to PM me. When pressed on why he bid these auctions up super-high, he now says because "some sellers use shills" and that he was suspicious of my "high prices" in the past.

Careful not to get "high prices" on stuff guys... or your next auctions might get f'd with too. +2 ebay members now blocked from bidding on my stuff.

I wouldn't want to out anyone without solid proof, but I'd be happy to share my experiences privately. If you're a friend of mine feel free to PM me. When pressed on why he bid these auctions up super-high, he now says because "some sellers use shills" and that he was suspicious of my "high prices" in the past.

Careful not to get "high prices" on stuff guys... or your next auctions might get f'd with too. +2 ebay members now blocked from bidding on my stuff.

So this person has taken it upon themselves to be the "hall monitor" for shill bidders and is on the lookout for folks he feels are doing this.....AND he knows you are an AA member. Sounds like a peach.

• Like 1

Can I out him? High prices = super reliable seller.

• Like 4