IGNORED

New PCB for Activision's Rampage / Double Dragon Interest Thread

santosp

I design this cartridge to can work with each one of the games only, or as a combo with two games choose one or the other from a switch. So you have two order options.

1. You could buy one board with one of the games who you prefer Rampage or Double Dragon, or two boards for the two games. After take a plastic enclosure from any old original Atari 2600 or Atari 7800 cartridge, and place there your new boards. For this case I have not support decals. If you want you can print alone one, on a printing shop.

2. You could buy the same board with a bigger eprom ic which hosts both games, plus a switch to choose each one want to play. In this case I will support two decals -face & plate-, which will design a good friend here KevinMos3, and I will present it when its ready, in the first post of this thread.

Awesome PCB, Panos! And amazing improvement as always, Kevin! :)

I would confirm my preference for two boards (for the two games), therefore I also prepared two labels in case you like them.

For coherence I have used the Kevin's Double Dragon label (Color Edit), I love her. :)

post-29074-0-21335200-1443232347_thumb.png post-29074-0-42535700-1443232380_thumb.png

• Like 4

Hi.

From this point and after, I haven't the possibility to keep queue on this cartridge, even for someone which stated interest, and has not paid or respond till now.

Two single pcb's reserved for Defender_2600 member, and only few (about four) remain available.

I mention this public, so there are no misunderstandings. ;-)

• Like 1

Few MORE words on the subject. :)

Initially the PCB designed to have on board this little latch switch, on the back -solder- side. But at the end and after a careful look, I see cause was impossible even for me, to make an accurate hole on the plastic enclosure. This mainly due to the limitation of the plastic shell in relation to the PCB. The last one don't have a locking point on the back shell of enclosure.

Therefore it was the only way to add a small twisted cable, with the switch at one end of this. Now someone can make a small hole using 6,5 mm drill, and place there from inside the micro switch with a little hot glue. Of course you must be very careful with the hot glue, not to come in contact with the stem of micro switch and destroy it.

Believe me to make this alteration on 33 devices, take me some hours, :( :_( because of super small switch. But I had no inclination to send you something that you could not ever finish. Not one moment! :thumbsup:

Would love to see your guys finished combo products when you are done. I've got my donor shell all ready but interested to see how you guys handle the switch.

Same here! If the switch were simple enough, thought I'd maybe desolder it and mount a toggle switch to the end label instead

Pcb arrived today and plays great!

Not sure how to mount the switch yet, but perhaps internal to the cart with small hole for paper clip to press the button? I would love to see what others have done.

The big sticker is a little wringled due to shipping. Hopefully it will smooth out when stuck to the cart. Sandwiching the sticker between cardboard would have prevented this.

Sticker printing is of high quality and the fit is very nice. Who printed and cut them?