IGNORED

New PCB for Activision's Rampage / Double Dragon Interest Thread

santosp

I decided to mount at the top. It might be in the way of the label a bit, but I think overall it works well. I got to get my hands on a hole puncher to finish the top and make it look good. The photos show the switch sticking out a lot but when I glued it I made sure it only stuck out a little bit and you can barely tell its there.

post-40205-0-42045900-1444073625_thumb.jpgpost-40205-0-06478500-1444073626_thumb.jpgpost-40205-0-74083400-1444073626_thumb.jpgpost-40205-0-20179700-1444073628_thumb.jpg

post-40205-0-01583800-1444073900_thumb.jpg

Edited by jrose78
  • Like 2

Very nice work guys and thanks for the photos.

You can tell how impatient I am, because I can easily figure this out when I get my package but...what size bit did you use for the hole?

Oh an, apparently I need a hot glue gun. I was going to superglue the thing but I learned on one of my previous projects, hot glue is kind of temporary, super glue is forever.....

Edited by GoldenWheels

Very nice work guys and thanks for the photos.

You can tell how impatient I am, because I can easily figure this out when I get my package but...what size bit did you use for the hole?

Oh an, apparently I need a hot glue gun. I was going to superglue the thing but I learned on one of my previous projects, hot glue is kind of temporary, super glue is forever.....

I used super glue (does that not last?) . Also I think the bit I used was 15/64 .

• Like 1

Two friendly advises as for the hot glue. ;)

Buy not the usual cheap one, but this who after melt is like gum.

Before you glue -for example- this micro switch on the shell, prepare both surfaces roughen them with a dremel tool.

Thickness of cap is 6 millimeters.

• Like 1

I used super glue (does that not last?) . Also I think the bit I used was 15/64 .

Hey, super glue is great and is super strong. What I've learned was, unlike hot glue which you can kinda sorta warm up again to remove...superglue simply RIPS the surface off of whatever you used it on if you try to move it later! You gotta get it right the first time.

Two friendly advises as for the hot glue. ;)
Buy not the usual cheap one, but this who after melt is like gum.
Before you glue -for example- this micro switch on the shell, prepare both surfaces roughen them with a dremel tool.
Thickness of cap is 6 millimeters.

Thanks santos! I would not have thought to roughen them to give them some grip for the glue, good tip.

Congratulations!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Something like this I had in my mind! :) :) :)

Thank you for share! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S.

Why this yellow glue tape is needed??

The cartridge shell's plastic ridge was rubbing against the solder mask, so I figured Kapton tape would help it out a bit.

The cartridge shell's plastic ridge was rubbing against the solder mask, so I figured Kapton tape would help it out a bit.

Interesting, usually that type of tape is used to shield against heat, not contact friction.

Is it working well? I need to order some of that tape for different reasons.

post-30305-0-45992500-1444092064_thumb.jpeg

I put the switch on the back. I used three pieces of double sided padded adhesive to pad and hold the button in place. Great work on the pcbs! So glad to have this in my collection!

If only I wasn't completely terrible at Double Dragon! Seriously, what is the trick to that game? :)

Ipads... of course the thumbnail is upside down.

Edited by gorfcadet
  • Like 1

@grips03

I saw once more carefully the picture from your cartridge inside, and try to understand what is so strange with this? :? Special Atari cart shell??

@gorfcadet

Someone should catch a camera and make a video. :P :P

One of the tricks. Stay on a place, and kick all the time. Enemies behind you will never touch you. A major update it would be a new combination between the joy and buttons.

• Like 1

I just reverse elbow on the bad guys crossing the screen. They are trying to get on both sides of you doing their zombie walk mode they are harmless and like the elbow very much.

I am going to try this on a centipede cart. Or maybe hat trick that game blows it.

@grips03

I saw once more carefully the picture from your cartridge inside, and try to understand what is so strange with this? :? Special Atari cart shell??

@gorfcadet

Someone should catch a camera and make a video. :P :P

One of the tricks. Stay on a place, and kick all the time. Enemies behind you will never touch you. A major update it would be a new combination between the joy and buttons.

Cart shell is from Karateka

Me too, with Kev's background color mod on Tank Command. :)

Yes! :grin:

BTW, Santos mistakenly sent me two end labels (I only got one of the larger front label). If anyone in the US butchers theirs during install (don't be embarrassed, I've done it too) let me know, I'll throw it in an envelope and send it to them.

Edited by GoldenWheels

Just tossing it out there Santos....I myself would LOVE a similar combo cart version of Froggo's 7800 games: Water Ski and Tank Command....

Are you perhaps a Prophet?? :-D

PCB design and GAL logic for this, sent to Kevin before 20 days. Now when and if he start this project its up to him. ;) Maybe is time to tease him..... :evil:

• Like 2

Are you perhaps a Prophet?? :-D

PCB design and GAL logic for this, sent to Kevin before 20 days. Now when and if he start this project its up to him. ;) Maybe is time to tease him..... :evil:

AWESOME! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This was simply the next combo that made the most sense to me. The ENTIRE Froggo 7800 library on one cartridge! And Tank Command is RIDICULOUSLY expensive on the aftermarket (one of the few 7800 games I still don't own, I refuse to pay the asking prices).

Obviously, please consider me in for one Santos!