IGNORED

New PCB for Activision's Rampage / Double Dragon Interest Thread

santosp

The arcade I could reverse elbow thru the whole game on a quarter. I have not yet beat 7800 double dragon. Always some cheap shot..

I must have played this game to death, because I can beat it pretty easily. As I said, the reverse jump kick mastered makes you pretty lethal. Learning the (kinda stupid) ai of the enemies helps too. There are spots where you can trap the enemies between yourself and a wall and just keep knocking them down if you time it right. hehehe

• 3 months later...

Like the idea of throwing the switch on top and shifted over to the left. It looks and works great:

attachicon.gifACT_DUAL_CART.png

Thanks santosp and KevinMos3!

Switches would be awesome. On the 2600 side of things, I think that could be a solution for all of the games now modded to support Atari Trak-Ball controllers. One cartridge per game but with a switch one could set it to work with the CX22, the CX80/Atari ST Mouse, or Amiga Mouse, instead of selling multiple cart versions… :)

By the way, since there's graphics modded versions done of these 7800 games, how difficult would it be to add non-TIA sound to them? I know POKEY audio has been done for Double Dragon but what about going with the DPC/DPC+? That would make them more Activision-authentic [something Activision should've done to begin with!], not to mention the DPC+ is completed whereas the HOKEY POKEY replacement is still being worked on...

Edited by Lynxpro

I forgot to mention:

I mounted the switch inside the center of the cart case.

I had to remove a post.

Now when I want to switch games, I just squeeze the center of the cart and the switch clicks and I have the other game selected.

How's that for a clever idea?

• Like 3

• 6 years later...

"Rise from your gwave" necro-bump!  :lol:

Still enjoying this cartridge and was wondering if anyone has come up with a universal game case artwork insert for it yet? Thought someone was maintaining a thread here on 7800 UGC inserts, but can't seem to find it now. No luck at TheCoverProject either. Lots still missing there, including Rampage too. 

9 hours ago, Jinks said:

It came with the board, switch and artwork. Installed in a modified shell and done. 

Huh? I'm talking about an insert for the universal game cases, like this:

http://thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=13999

...wondering if anyone has done one for the Rampage/Double Dragon combo cart. Probably not, but never hurts to ask! 😀