IGNORED

Labor Day weekend bubsy madness challenge

Spacey Invader

Doctorclu finally sold me on jaguar bubsy, and it just arrived the other day. Since I'm confronted with a long weekend and no travel plans, I thought I'd fill my days with roller coasters and my nights with bubsy. My goal was to finish the game by Tuesday.

Now that I plugged it in and played it once, I've revised that goal. Now I just want to get to level 2 by Tuesday. I love the look of the game so far, and in some was I can see what the good doctor is talking about.

Why am I starting a thread about this? Because you may find yourself in a similar situation, or know someone in a similar situation, in that you're too broke to tracel but just wealthy to have bought the bubster for $18. If so we can be in this together, vent our frustrations, so who can get the farthest this weekend, and maybe get even more advise from Doctorclu (although he has already offered a saintly amount of advice in the other thread. )

So far hate those @$&/ bees, who always hover just high enough that you don't see them until too late. Sometimes they hide on the other end of a leap of faith. What bastards. Not too keen on tweedle dum and tweedle dee either.

• Like 3

I saw this and thought, "Why not?" But then I started playing and remembered why I never got into this game. It is just filled with cheap deaths. Also, he calls himself "The Bubster". I gave it an hour before I swapped in IS2. That said, I wish the best of luck to you sir on your masochistic labor day weekend with Bubsy! Let us know how far you get.

• Like 3

I saw this and thought, "Why not?" But then I started playing and remembered why I never got into this game. It is just filled with cheap deaths. Also, he calls himself "The Bubster". I gave it an hour before I swapped in IS2. That said, I wish the best of luck to you sir on your masochistic labor day weekend with Bubsy! Let us know how far you get.

Thanks for the sympathy. Masochistic about describes it so far. Got about 30 minutes in last night and the game seemed impossible, but that started at about 1 after playing a gig at a crappy bar so I though it was a limiting factor.

Seems like no. Having logged about two hours now, I can't imagine ever getting out of level one. Bubsy dies when he hits a balloon. A balloon. A balloon. What's he saying at the beginning? It begins to sound like "oh sure lets all torch the bubster."

What a goal! Honestly took me a good year or two of just playing the Wonderland levels and now the Jack and Beanstalk levels.

Here are the tips I gave a while back, might help you out:

Training video for Alice in Wonderland Levels

Jack and the Beanstalk levels:

But glad you are liking it. If there is anything else I can help with on this, let me know.

• Like 4

What a goal! Honestly took me a good year or two of just playing the Wonderland levels and now the Jack and Beanstalk levels.

Here are the tips I gave a while back, might help you out:

Training video for Alice in Wonderland Levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0Xfxp_mmU

Jack and the Beanstalk levels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3OQDNg6HU

But glad you are liking it. If there is anything else I can help with on this, let me know.

Thanks for the tips man. I think you're onto something in saying my goal is a but outlandish. I think I'm getting close but I can't tell. I do to through a couple of doors and ups and downs.

Here's what the game is like for me. Part I. The rest of the death was not to be confined by a single video, for reasons of space. I'll post it shortly, after Youtube finishes processing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RYNK9Rvj05s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's the rest of my meandering.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EpYP0T70Qw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doctorclu, help! I kid -- your video has helped very much, and I've had a few attempts after these videos that were vaguely more successful. However, I'm not sure I know how to complete the level. At one point, I'd murdered everyone hanging out in stage 1, and I was wandering around this empty world looking for some exit, until the clock finally ran out.

And to the Jaguar public, are there really no other Jag masochists out there? I swear, I was always sure that we're all masochists on one level or another.

Edit: some embedding, eh? Damn these newflangled webernets anyway

Edited by Spacey Invader

post-40055-0-50707200-1441656028_thumb.jpg

They said I was mad. They laughed at me. Well who's laughing now? End of level one baby! what a rush -- beating this level has produced more endorphins that getting to the end of an ordinary game. I feel like a god. Mad am I? We'll see who's laughing when I best level two. Ha! Haha!

What a life changing weekend. I'm pretty sure my answers for what I see in a standard Rorschach test have changed and now I talk to pigeons. So worth it. For the record I can see what the vast minority see in this game - the brutal difficulty is all part of he experience.

Thanks doctorclu for that video and all implied support.

• Like 2

God, I suck at this game! It's one of the games that sits in it's box and never gets played because it makes me feel like curling up in a ball and giving up! :(

LOL that is how "Batman Returns" on the Lynx is currently making me feel. :D

• Like 1

I think it is the lack of selection that gets me good at games. Growing up that was the case. It was the case with Bubsy when I first got the Jaguar. I think with Batman it is just the game actually IS fun, and I like the whole Batman theme, so I play and play. :D

I think it is the lack of selection that gets me good at games. Growing up that was the case. It was the case with Bubsy when I first got the Jaguar. I think with Batman it is just the game actually IS fun, and I like the whole Batman theme, so I play and play. :D

I haven't played Bubsy, but I put down a lot of time to beat Magician lord for Neo Geo and in it you need more or less to memorize the entire game to be able to beat it. And I did, and with some time even today I can sit down and beat it based on all that time invested to conquer it inch by inch - die, die,die............ - and piece by piece continue to memorize it all.

ML is considered a hard, frustrating game, but somewhat I think this might be 20 times harder... and, sorry I'm not up for it any longer, but cheer you bold guys sitting down with it at your holidays... happy fumers =)

I know that feeling. One of my favorite games when I was a kid was Kabuki Quantum Fighter. Don't know what that is? Oh you're in for a treat:

I still love this game.

True enough -- I ended up with mad "Skate or Die" skills because it was cheap enough at Blockbuster, and even played "Section Z" enough to get decent b/c it was flea market cheap — Not to mention 2600 skills earned before Costco made the NES a possibility (and thank god for that). Maybe the need to make lemonade out of lemons is what's so appealing about the Jag.

in any case, completion of level 2 of Bubsy seems a pipe dream. Is it cheating to use the passcode and start on level 2? ;)