IGNORED

Everdrive question

I'm thinking about buying an Everdrive for the Sega Game Gear. I am new to the Everdrive concept, so please bear with me to a totally newb question. Does an Everdrive come loaded with all the roms you need to play, or do you have to download them from somewhere and put them onto a micro card or memory card? Hearing people talk about an Everdrive, is it just a fancy name for "flash cart", or is it something more?

It's a fancy name for a fancy flash cart.

It's not shipped with build-in ROM or ROMs on SD card.

I only have the GB/GBC Everdrive so I can't tell about the other, but I guess the GG one works like the GB one.

Unlike other flash cart that load the ROM from the menu, the Everdrive load the ROM into a battery-backed RAM, and reboot the console after loading. This allow for better compatibility with more games, and also, by pressing Start when restarting the console, you can load the game directly.

I'm thinking about buying an Everdrive for the Sega Game Gear. I am new to the Everdrive concept, so please bear with me to a totally newb question. Does an Everdrive come loaded with all the roms you need to play, or do you have to download them from somewhere and put them onto a micro card or memory card? Hearing people talk about an Everdrive, is it just a fancy name for "flash cart", or is it something more?

A flashcart is what it is, Everdrive is the brand. Much like the Game Gear is a handheld, but its brand name is the Game Gear to differentiate it from the competition.

The Everdrives are the most popular flashcarts today.

You have to download the ROMs yourself; distribution of ROMs is illegal, so they cannot just send them to you. By downloading them yourself, it is not their risk. You download, unpack and put them in folders on an SD card. The SD card goes into the Everdrive, and then when you turn on the GG with the Everdrive inserted you get a menu where you can see your folders/files and select whichever game you want to boot.