IGNORED

Any idea on Arcadian newsletters?

Philflound

I made a purchase of Bally Astrocade items probably about 18 years ago and in it included a binder of I guess they're newsletters called the Arcadian. They were hole punched and put all together. According to the binding, someone wrote volumes 1-5, which from looking through the massive amounts of paper, covered several years. Anyone have a clue as to how rare these are, or possible value? I don't plan on selling them, but I'm curious as I don't see anything like them on Ebay. I remember someone several years ago telling me something, but can't remember details. Thanks.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

The Union Library catalogue worldcat.org lists some 52 serial publications with the title Arcadian, but these are mostly literary journals:

http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=arcadian#x0%253Ajrnl-%2C%2528x0%253Ajrnl%2Bx4%253Adigital%2529format

The Library of Congress catalogue does not list this title either.

Consequently, it is probably fairly rare. I have no sense of how valuable it would be.

If they are originals then the are fairly rare. But like is posted above they are fully available to download for free and to printout.

And the originals look like photocopies basically, so a new set printed out is going to look basically the same.

I would say the cost of the paper and ink required to make a set is really what they are worth at the least.

They are pretty neat though :)

They are originals. Have the person's mailing label and I think stamps and postage marks on them too. It's always the problems with scans of paperwork and such. Unless it costs more to reproduce, even now the labels of the cartridges. It sucks when reproduction quality is as good or even better than original for anything.

Phil