IGNORED

Discovered a brochure in my father's stuff

BillyBaloney976

Would you at least provide scans without taking it apart?

Its obvious that any previous existing copies of this catalog will not be publicly shared.

Thanks!

Sorry, a little slow on the uptake today.

It took me a minute but from what I gather this guy Keith isnt making his material available without buying a CD?

If thats the case, thats kinda lame. I'll stick with the original plan and take mine apart.

• Like 1

It took me a minute but from what I gather this guy Keith isnt making his material available without buying a CD?

If thats the case, thats kinda lame. I'll stick with the original plan and take mine apart.

To be fair, this guy Keith is the current owner of the Intellivision IP. The CD that people refer to is his licensed Intellivision Lives CD that contains games and extras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_Lives!

There is supposedly a shot of the brochure in one of the supplemental videos...

To be fair, this guy Keith is the current owner of the Intellivision IP. The CD that people refer to is his licensed Intellivision Lives CD that contains games and extras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_Lives!

There is supposedly a shot of the brochure in one of the supplemental videos...

Keeping it fair. This Keith guy does not release materials unless there is money to be made. I am sure there are many things we will never see due to IP not releasing it. Lucky for us, we have people like BillyBaloney976.

• Like 1

Keeping it fair. This Keith guy does not release materials unless there is money to be made. I am sure there are many things we will never see due to IP not releasing it. Lucky for us, we have people like BillyBaloney976.

Oh, come on, he does release some stuff, haven't you seen the spectacular 100 x 79 high resolution screenshot scans that are on his site? Revel in the detail! ;)

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/space.html#astrosmash

And there are catalog pages on the site!

This one is my favorite:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/media/84catalog.html

I vote that Nurmix go to Keith's office for a month, scan everything, compile it it a book or website called "Random Intellivision Stuff from the Vault"... even if we have buy the book...

• Like 1

Oh, come on, he does release some stuff, haven't you seen the spectacular 100 x 79 high resolution screenshot scans that are on his site? Revel in the detail! ;)

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/space.html#astrosmash

And there are catalog pages on the site!

This one is my favorite:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/media/84catalog.html

I vote that Nurmix go to Keith's office for a month, scan everything, compile it it a book or website called "Random Intellivision Stuff from the Vault"... even if we have buy the book...

I LOL'd.

You guys make it sound as if Mr. Robinson were withholding the images on purpose. He explained once that the site was created back in the days of dial-up Internet connections, and lower resolution screens, and so the images were compressed and made small. This was fairly standard back then.

He has expressed interest in providing higher-res images, which he said were made some time ago, but that re-doing the BSR site is a large and daunting task that he hasn't gotten around to do.

Like all of you, I would love to see all these things eventually come out, but I can understand that rumaging through a large (and most likely, unorganised) inventory of random items and assets, scanning, sorting, and cataloguing them; and finally preparing it for publication, is not a trivial task.

• Like 1

You guys make it sound as if Mr. Robinson were withholding the images on purpose. He explained once that the site was created back in the days of dial-up Internet connections, and lower resolution screens, and so the images were compressed and made small. This was fairly standard back then.

He has expressed interest in providing higher-res images, which he said were made some time ago, but that re-doing the BSR site is a large and daunting task that he hasn't gotten around to do.

Like all of you, I would love to see all these things eventually come out, but I can understand that rumaging through a large (and most likely, unorganised) inventory of random items and assets, scanning, sorting, and cataloguing them; and finally preparing it for publication, is not a trivial task.

anyone can do everything the passion lead him to do; or do nothing

I know, That's why I volunteered Nurmix to do it :) , hell, I'll even help any time I'm in California (usually 4 times a year)...There are plenty of people that would volunteer to redo the Lives site for no charge...especially if he has already rescanned things.

Edit: change to charge...stupid autocorrect

Edited by Tarzilla

anyone can do everything the passion lead him to do; or do nothing

Well, I dare anybody to challenge my personal passion for this hobby; and yet, sometimes I can't be moved to work on my next game, or I find other interests -- or duties -- that take my attention.

I'm just saying, cut the guy some slack; he doesn't live to serve the obsessive-compulsive collector. :roll:

dZ.

• Like 1

He is holding images on purpose but that is fine. If you want to see scans of most things including rare catalogs, a compulsive collector put it together at:

http://www.intellivision.us/library/library/index.htm

Enjoy...for free.

Edited by intvdave
  • Like 3

I know, That's why I volunteered Nurmix to do it :) , hell, I'll even help any time I'm in California (usually 4 times a year)...There are plenty of people that would volunteer to redo the Lives site for no change...especially if he has already rescanned things.

My suggestion: go ahead and do it, then present it to him as a completed project. I can't imagine him declining, unless you demand some onerous terms.

However, you must be prepared to do the whole thing, not just the bits that interest you. Nobody wants a schizophrenic site. ;)

That's what I did with a developer site for some open source Delphi components on which I used to collaborate, ICS. I got tired of searching for the latest version in such an appallingly cluttered site, so I re-designed the whole thing (and I mean ALL content, not just the parts I wanted) and offered it to the guy as a gift.

People really appreciated the new look and usable navigation.

To this day, it has remained the official site. Unfortunately, it has a dated 1990s look, complete with frames and all (the owner has updated it with ads and other content on his own since then). In my defense, back in 1998 that was considered cool. :lol:

dZ.

• Like 1

He is holding images on purpose but that is fine. If you want to see scans of most things including rare catalogs, a compulsive collector put it together at:

http://www.intellivision.us/library/library/index.htm

Enjoy...for free.

Ya gotta be careful with these collector types.....just ask my wife!

I'm here all day folks!

Unfortunately. ....literally.

I would really like to see high res images of this brochure. I've looked at the first post a few times now. What I like about it is, it looks almost like a front loading VCR. I can't help but compare the look of the III (or the II for that matter) to the look of the NES. It's almost as if Nintendo of America based the design off of the intellivision II or III (cosmetically).

On a side note: I assume those are Intellivision II add-ons that work with the III that is shown in the brochure? So what was going to be under that little door on the console itself? I originally thought "keyboard" port until I saw the computer add-on on the next page. Volume control maybe for the voice synthesis and rest/power controls? It's fun to speculate. :)

Edited by pboland

DZ-Jay, you know this would be a waste of time. IP would never accept this. Did you not already know this? Well...maybe if it came from Nurmix but no one else.

No, I'm sorry, I did not know this. I'm serious, perhaps I haven't interacted with Mr. Robinson as much as some of you have (read: I only met him once), so I guess I am not as jaded towards his disposition and attitude as you may be.

I didn't mean to start an argument, I just didn't want this thread to degenerate into another Kieth-bitch-fest, like it seemed to be heading. I like the guy. :)

dZ.

I know that Keith wants to redo the website, but I never asked him if he would be open to someone else doing it for him. He might.

And I'd love to go through the materials in his office and catalog / photograph / scan the treasures that no doubt live there and have not yet been documented. That's not something I've ever really approached him about either.

Both things would be big projects, and I'm not sure I could devote all the time necessary to do it, but it won't hurt to ask.

I know that Keith wants to redo the website, but I never asked him if he would be open to someone else doing it for him. He might.

And I'd love to go through the materials in his office and catalog / photograph / scan the treasures that no doubt live there and have not yet been documented. That's not something I've ever really approached him about either.

Both things would be big projects, and I'm not sure I could devote all the time necessary to do it, but it won't hurt to ask.

Well if you do get opportunity to scan stuff, do it at all costs. Even if it breaks up your marriage! Just go for it man.

• Like 1

I like how the brochure mentions the joysticks return to center position - "every time!" Lol, little 5200 dig there Mattel, nicely done (although personally I love the 5200). The stick being on top of the controller, and the fire button on top of the stick looks anything but ergonomic, though. I can't imagine them being comfortable at all.

Absolutely, please do. At the very very least, please do what you can to get some high-res scans in whatever capacity you can manage. Please ignore the discussion about Keith as it's not really relevant.

Guys, let's not turn this into a thread about Keith. He has this brochure, and we're not going to see it - so be it. We found another source - now we just have to bribe our new friend into sharing. :)