IGNORED

Questions 'bout z26

Malathion5

I just got z26 working and everything is peachy but I have some questions about the controls:

1. What is trace mode?

2. What does the screen capture do?

3. What do the command line switches do, and how do you use them?

I am looking to get into the program code of the games I download and start hacking (eventually). Can I do this with z26?

lets see if I have some answers for ya.. Z-26 is my favorite 2600 emu...

1. What is trace mode? No idea .. but I'm sure its for some sort of diagnosis..

2. What does the screen capture do? it captures screens :D basicly hitting that button takes a picture of whats going on, on the screenat that time.. good for proving you hit that high score.. it captures pictures in PCX form so you need a graphics program that can translate that.. then you can covert it to a bmp or jpg.. or whatever.. and do with it as you see fit.

3. What do the command line switches do, and how do you use them?

your comman line options are the designators you put in front of the rom name to tell the emulator what to do, best used from the command line, but if yer running directly from Z-26's GUI, you can set up the command log to automaticly execute your command line options

pressing F1 from Z26's GUI will give you all the standard paramaters and let you know what you can modify

I am looking to get into the program code of the games I download and start hacking (eventually). Can I do this with z26?

I'm pretty sure NO.. all Z26 will allow you to do is run the games so you get a diffrent application to get into them.. and you'll find whatever information you will need in the development and hacking sections of AA

I got the Z running on my little pissy lap top here now its the gateway model solo2000 P.O.S special edition model might I add

Z26.log is the name of the command line file.. just read it as a text file from notepad and enter your comman lines in there.. the emulator will read them and automaticly execute them..

for example.. my command log is set up as -v1 -s1. and the tells the emulator to run at 60hz video modea nd the PC speaker becouse the laptop doesn't have soundblaster compatible sound.. on this computer everything works fine with out modification.

sometimes you need to adjust frame rate on particular computers.. frame rate works fine on all my computers.. but on the computer I had at the old job. it ran too damn fast so I had to slow it down

your results may very