IGNORED

Multi-cartridge for Dragon/CoCo 2 available

Rolo

Hi Tech-Chap,

Why would I look down on you? It is a valid question. It would be possible to make such an adapter.

I've never made one though, because there already are many very good multi-cart systems out there for all the major systems, like Atari-8-bit or Commodore. For those platforms, I'm using ATARIMAX and ULTIMATE myself. I did not see any reason, to add another one. I sticked to the "underdogs", where it is not always so easy to find a solution.  

So, sorry, no Atari-adapter.

Best regards,

Rolo

:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Stwert, 

It has been quite some time...

I just have my tiny phone with me. I‘ll come back soon, when I have a screen and a keyboard. 
Best regards,

Rolo

PS: But, no Intellivision cartridges are technologically too different, from the console standard, served by my Multi-cartridge. It would be easier, to make a completely new design, than to make an adapter. 
I wonder, why are all of those Intellivision Multi-cartridges so short-lived? Is there some legal stuff going on in the background? 

7 hours ago, Rolo said:

PS: But, no Intellivision cartridges are technologically too different, from the console standard, served by my Multi-cartridge. It would be easier, to make a completely new design, than to make an adapter. 
I wonder, why are all of those Intellivision Multi-cartridges so short-lived? Is there some legal stuff going on in the background? 

I don't think they're short-lived other than selling out of their initial runs and then the creators either not having time to make more or don't want to make more. I'm looking for a new Intellivision flash cart too after reacquiring Intellivision stuff after previously purging it as part of my greater collection purge several years back. I think the LTO Flash guy should be making more soon, but it might not meet all the pent up demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the LTO Flash!, Joe has ~300 boards ready to be programmed with firmware, packed and sold. It is only a matter for him to find the time, since he is very busy with real life (yeah, I know how dull it sounds to have a live outside of collecting video games) so anyone looking to develop their own multicart should hurry up before he is ready to release it. We had GroovyBee with his promised Hive cartridge before, but he never delivered anything and then went silent.

• 5 months later...

I was thinking, if I should make an adapter for using the DRAGON/COCO II Multi-Cartridge together with the MPT-03-family, besides the adapter for the EMERSON-ARCADIA family... 

Is there a demand for that? If so, how many items would I need? Five, ten, twenty? I have already enough things catching dust on my shelf, maybe it is a good idea to check in advance.

If you would be interested please let me know...

• 11 months later...

project update:

Is the project still alive? Yes, it is.

I just got new pcbs to fill up empty stock. I've got all the components in my boxes and could start making new ones.

At the moment I'm doing some home renovation and I'm occupied with real life. The tools are packed up in boxes. Retro has to wait.

But it is just a break. I'll do my "homework" in little steps.

NewCarts.thumb.jpg.0e3c8a760122c7d5f876c7a28bf733a0.jpg

• 8 months later...

project update:

Still there and selling a couple of cartridges from time to time. 😁

I'm still reproducing all cartridges (8-16 and 16-32) and adapters in small numbers, as soon stock goes down.

Merry Christmas. 🎅

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out feedback section: http://atariage.com/...ic/258478-rolo/

• 1 month later...