IGNORED

Partial Trade: my 5200 Competition Pro for your 2600 Competition Pro

Rhomaios

This got no traction in the marketplace, so I'm hoping as a last ditch effort it may arouse interest here. I'm looking for a Competition Pro for my 7800 and/or C64 (I believe they have the same pinout, right?). For trade, I have a 5200 Competition Pro. Mine is the black with red buttons one. I was hoping to nab a 2600 and maybe something else to even out the trade for the 5200 Competition Pro. I'm willing to negotiate a bit (not looking to make a killing off anyone).

The 7800 second fire button is not going to have a second fire button function for C-64 games due to different wiring of the pins. In fact, I highly doubt the Competition Pro (9 pin connector version) would have both buttons working on 7800 games- but I'm sure one of them will work.

Edited by ave1

What do you mean no traction? 5200 Competition Pros sell like hotcakes on EBay all the time for around $50-$60... shouldn't be a problem to sell if it is in good working condition.

No traction in AtariAge's marketplace. Ebay's the next choice, sure, but I figured it'd be nice to offer it AtariAge first.

The 7800 second fire button is not going to have a second fire button function for C-64 games due to different wiring of the pins. In fact, I highly doubt the Competition Pro (9 pin connector version) would have both buttons working on 7800 games- but I'm sure one of them will work.

I don't think both buttons work, no. I chiefly want it for 2600 games, which I play on my 7800, or 7800 games that take one button (like Centipede or Galaga).