IGNORED

My favorite underrated game for Sega Genesis...

Player Ready

Anyone have any say on the Doomtroopers game? I remember the collectible card game, but only recently seen this videogame in a local shop. They want $50 for it CIB, so not sure if it's worth it.

I hated it, myself. It has that cheap, grungy Western-developed feel, and there's a lot of nonsense in it -- areas where the play control makes no sense, or crucial hazards are practically invisible, or you feel like you have to break the game in order to play it. There are a couple of clever touches and signs of ambition, but it just doesn't work as a game.

• Like 2

I hated it, myself. It has that cheap, grungy Western-developed feel, and there's a lot of nonsense in it -- areas where the play control makes no sense, or crucial hazards are practically invisible, or you feel like you have to break the game in order to play it. There are a couple of clever touches and signs of ambition, but it just doesn't work as a game.

Ok thanks for that! I was just back at that shop today looking it over again. I balked at the $44.99 price, as it was in one of the later cheap cardboard boxes and very worn. Glad to hear it's not a great game anyway, now I can just skip it.

• 1 month later...

What about Dune Battle For Arrakis. I got big into RTS beginning with Herzog Zwei but Dune fell into my lap when I had a buddy who worked for CompUSA on the east coast. We did a bad thing we bought about 15 copies each kept one then traded in the other 13 opened to Funcoland cause they were offering $65 store credit and we paid $20 per cart with discount new. That bought me my Sega Cd and him his SNES. I don't think much about it anymore but i was shifty as a youngin :twisted:

• Haha 1

Dune is one I would like to try. Think its a bit salty though.

More sandy than salty. I have been meaning to try it again and maybe with the Sega Mega Mouse but its been years since I broke it out.

Thinking of other games though Fatal Labyrinth seemed like a possible underrated game. Good for the Rouge like dungeon crawlers.

• Like 1

Praised it a while ago, but didn't go into detail. Dune II is surprisingly and easily playable on the Genesis, even with the regular gamepad. Such a great game and not too complex (like so many other like-minded games of the time) that it takes the fun out of it. Love the game to this day and still play it. On the Amiga anyway. lol

Sub-Terrania is another often overlooked game on the Genesis that's still fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...