1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You buy a premium product and getting a poor controller and a low quality switching power supply.

And no real answers about the analog out for the people that has problem with it.

I think we need to give them a bit more a chance yet, perhaps a bit soon to right them off. It is a premium product but they are also a small company, might need to give them a bit of time.

Think the comments on the included controller are a bit harsh, okay the diagonals could be better but I think they needed to include a controller. I started off using a Nintendo gamepad but find myself using the 8bitdo one more and more.

Having said all that, i have not checked RGB yet, hopefully have a cable for the job in the next few days and a i'll post back. I wonder if new threads should be started for such issues, this is not a Analogue support thread, its more about the Z3k and Kevins firmware. Also I commented a couple of times on the CRT debate, think this kind of stuff should be perhaps taken elsewhere, what do the moderators think?

Edited by Radfoo

Is it defective? Or is that the way it is?

Mine makes a little noise that can be heard if i'm right next to it, not heard other peoples but i'm guessing thats just the way it is. Only put my ear close to it just now after your comment, had not noticed before, not a test I normally do with other power supplies so not sure how it compares.

Edited by Radfoo

Its more of a problem with the response you getting from support .

In short from the support its not our problem solve it yourself.

There is a big problem with the dpad with nes30 and I informed the support of this, because I know 8bitdo can do good dpads .

Have 2 snes30 and they have really good dpads but got this response from the support use a OEM one If you are not satisfied with the nes30 controller.

Edited by Jimjans

Mine makes a little noise that can be heard if i'm right next to it, not heard other peoples but i'm guessing thats just the way it is. Only put my ear close to it just now after your comment, had not noticed before, not a test I normally do with other power supplies so not sure how it compares.

I hear it from my sofa 4 meters from the unit and the adapter is in a closed cabinet.

The receiver itself misses button inputs under heavy usage on both the Switch Pro and Wii U Pro controllers I tried. It is just as crappy as the gamepad itself. Both the NES and SNES 8bitdo controllers are inherently flawed by not using the split directional pcb boards as Nintendo did originally. Diagonals will never work right without it. Including a garbage controller is fine, but not providing an option for those of us who don't want to waste 50$ on a POS controller is the highly annoying part. That being said I do love the system and it'd be hard for me to use anything but the Sansui anyway. And I'll be listing the receiver/controller on ebay soon enough, so it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Tusecsy
  • Like 1

Its more of a problem with the response you getting from support .

In short from the support its not our problem solve it yourself.

There is a big problem with the dpad with nes30 and I informed the support of this, because I know 8bitdo can do good dpads .

Have 2 snes30 and they have really good dpads but got this response from the support use a OEM one If you are not satisfied with the nes30 controller.

Never knew that the snes30 controller had a good d-pad. Think I'll gonna buy one. Its quite handy to go wireless.

Looking forward to the Intv core, playing Frog Bog in the livingroom..

Took a picture on the color issue, if someone else have the same. Red is obviously missing. (same picture with Red desoldered)

wp-1489610849938-768x576.jpg

Edited by atmn

One company proposed having a sensor in each emission point. This would enable a self-calibration routine to take place. This could be manually started or done in the background while watching a movie. Each pixel is cycled through an expected brightness range, and a sensor tracks it. Each sensor is built right into the die of the emitter and is part and parcel of it. The monitor's CPU fine tunes the driving current till an expected value is reached. Move on to the next pixel.

For now though, I strongly suggest this product for color calibration: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055MBQOM

I have already replaced it with a quality one and no more buzz.

Could you post a link to it/one that works in case anyone else needs to replace theirs?

A question about composite.

Mine old TV:s generally outputs black & white on composite when I use NTSC signal. Some old Euro-TV:s dont pick up the colors.

If picking PAL mode. Will there be a proper PAL signal on composite?

only NES supports PAL composite. All the other systems are NTSC only for now. This is due to a lack of PAL systems, resources, and time.

• Like 1

I think we need to give them a bit more a chance yet, perhaps a bit soon to right them off. It is a premium product but they are also a small company, might need to give them a bit of time.

Think the comments on the included controller are a bit harsh, okay the diagonals could be better but I think they needed to include a controller. I started off using a Nintendo gamepad but find myself using the 8bitdo one more and more.

Having said all that, i have not checked RGB yet, hopefully have a cable for the job in the next few days and a i'll post back. I wonder if new threads should be started for such issues, this is not a Analogue support thread, its more about the Z3k and Kevins firmware. Also I commented a couple of times on the CRT debate, think this kind of stuff should be perhaps taken elsewhere, what do the moderators think?

I am just the guy that did the PCB/code. As such I cannot handle Analogue support in this thread (and contractually I cannot either). Not trying to be an asshat about it but I can't really comment on it unfortunately. Another thread on it would probably be a good idea along with suggested fixes/solutions.

Now, if the problem isn't a problem with the system itself I can and have helped on that, like actual software bugs and misunderstandings of how things work or whatever. But for hardware issues and such I can't really help with those since it is out of my realm so to speak. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

For now though, I strongly suggest this product for color calibration: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055MBQOM

These would be for accurate color representation matching Pantone. But not for eliminating and tuning out variances in the display. Two totally different requirements and activities.

But yes. Do this on a subpixel-by-subpixel basis and the results are remarkable. Just go ahead and set your current screen to display all of one single color and see how mottled it is. How many shades of blue are you seeing again??

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

These would be for accurate color representation matching Pantone. But not for eliminating and tuning out variances in the display. Two totally different requirements and activities.

But yes. Do this on a subpixel-by-subpixel basis and the results are remarkable. Just go ahead and set your current screen to display all of one single color and see how mottled it is. How many shades of blue are you seeing again??

It really is amazing how many decades into display technology we are and latency and color accuracy are still in need of improvement. Meanwhile we increase resolution and fps to levels current graphics cards don't even support. Still I would like to see someone take a crt to an esports championship for the latency edge lol

I emailed them about my issues and they sent back a standard form letter reply asking for me to try a different cable and plug it straight into monitor. I stated in the original email that I already did that. No reply from them. Be nice if there was a phone number

It really is amazing how many decades into display technology we are and latency and color accuracy are still in need of improvement. Meanwhile we increase resolution and fps to levels current graphics cards don't even support. Still I would like to see someone take a crt to an esports championship for the latency edge lol

As far as the LCD panel industry goes, latency is not an issue. Never has been, never will be. Sure you'll see some expensive gaming monitors saying 1 or 2 ms response time and all that. But that's a niche product - likely .001% of all the LCD monitors being sold. Doesn't pertain to us mere mortals.

I emailed them about my issues and they sent back a standard form letter reply asking for me to try a different cable and plug it straight into monitor. I stated in the original email that I already did that. No reply from them. Be nice if there was a phone number

Did they not comprehend what you wrote? I can't stand it when customer service departments respond like that.

Another thread on it would probably be a good idea along with suggested fixes/solutions.

Now, if the problem isn't a problem with the system itself I can and have helped on that, like actual software bugs and misunderstandings of how things work or whatever. But for hardware issues and such I can't really help with those since it is out of my realm so to speak. Sorry about that.

Agree, so have started a new thread titled "Analogue NT Mini Hardware", see http://atariage.com/forums/topic/263325-analogue-nt-mini-hardware/

Thought recent topics such as debates on CRT/LCD, the included 8BITDO controller, Analogue NT Minis RGB out and the PSU could be moved over to that thread. Of course anything related to software/firmware, cartridge adaptors, the Z3k or questions for Kevtris would still be posted here.

Thanks

Edited by Radfoo

I thought it was pretty plain language... It's not like I used big words

Have your tried reapplying the original firmware again? First with this file (no others files on the SD card)

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115007181228/ntm_firmware_ver2.3.bin

Then the latest Jailbreak files and your roms

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.6.zip

• Like 1

I am just the guy that did the PCB/code. As such I cannot handle Analogue support in this thread (and contractually I cannot either). Not trying to be an asshat about it but I can't really comment on it unfortunately. Another thread on it would probably be a good idea along with suggested fixes/solutions.

Hey kevtris I lost a save on the gbc core after switching to the 7800 core for a while and then going back. Do you always lose saves when you switch cores? Just want to be sure before I put more time into games. Thanks.

Have your tried reapplying the original firmware again? First with this file (no others files on the SD card)

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115007181228/ntm_firmware_ver2.3.bin

Then the latest Jailbreak files and your roms

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.6.zip

I had time to reflash the original NT mini 2.3 firmware before I went to work. Exact same problem. I didn't reinstall the jailbreak firmware