1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So I was wrong about my hypothesis Kevtris being involved by secretly leaking firmwares. How feasible would it be, realistically, to port over the NT Mini jb cores without access to the source files? Unless said anonymous leaker has access already... :evil:

What does the KevinDL post have to do with who wrote the firmware? KevinDL is just the mod for that new discussion channel.

What are you talking about?

Who, me or Keatah? Firstly I disagree with Keatah since a physical MSU "chip" does not exist.

Secondly I posted a video on youtube the day after the jb broke where i rambled on for 23 minutes about how the jb was totally kevtris handiwork. I should probably unlist it now that we have evidence to the contrary... :dunce:

It was directed towards you. Keatah's post wasn't there when I hit the post button.

Nothing with what you quoted had anything to do with Kevin Lee taking credit for releasing a firmware update to open up SD rom loading abilities for the Super NT. Yet you act like he just confirmed it, and then ask him about his opinion on how realistic it would be for NT Mini colors to be ported over to the Super NT.

All he has done on the basis of what you quoted and his single post at AtariAge, is open up a new area for discussion on the Super NT and is trying to encourage discussion to shift over there for some reason. I don't think most people mind discussing the Super NT here at AtariAge in this centralized thread though, and Kevtris doesn't seem to have any issues with noticing relevant posts about bugs and so on.

So i don't see many people moving when this thread, despite its flaws, is getting the job done at an established classic gaming community.

Edited by Atariboy

I just wished Bunnyboy would consider making a upgraded AVS down the road with 1080p support and some features found in the Analogue NT Mini like the ability to load your own palettes.

So I know it sounds like tooting my own horn (and maybe it is in a way), but I've been trying to get the "Smooth" palette put on more modern NES solutions. When you hook a machine like the Nt Mini or NESRGB with the "Smooth" palette into a PVM, it will look nearly identical to an NTSC NES composite feed at center dial settings. I tried to take a photograph of the two feeds show how close they are, but it looks even closer in person (click image to see full detail):

UzUiyPD.png

I recall once asking Kevtris if he might be interested in adding it to hi-def NES firmware, but I don't think he was interested at the time. I know that RGBsource managed to get his own Hi-def NES firmware palette released, but I don't know how he pulled that off.

At any rate, getting back to MSU1, I just want to state that is does serve an invaluable purpose for preserving Broadcast Satellaview games. I worked very hard on restoring the original broadcast soundtracks to BS zelda, which was released as an MSU1 game, and also my SFX work can be heard on AST MSU1 release as well. So while MSU1 is often just used to make fan soundtrack hacks, it has far more value than that, and I'm grateful for its existence.

• Like 5

What does the KevinDL post have to do with who wrote the firmware? KevinDL is just the mod for that new discussion channel.

He claims Kevtris had nothing to do with it. He may be lying to cover Kevtris. He may telling the truth that it is an as of yet anonymous third party. He probably does have insider info that we don't, but whether said source is reliable I cannot say for certain.

He literally just showed up here but hasn't given any reason to trust or nof trust him. There are events taking place and people involved with this underground firmware release, and it is probably best for those parties involved in the release to remain anonymous at this time.

He did nothing of the sort.

He created what he has labeled as the "Analogue Community Discord Server". When he says he's not Kevtris and that Kevtris has nothing to do with this, he's talking about his message board (Due I imagine to also being named Kevin, so he felt the need to clarify).

He feels like this AtariAge thread is inadequate for Super NT discussion, and is hoping to attract fans, customers, and Kevtris to move over to what he started to discuss this system.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

He claims Kevtris had nothing to do with it. He may be lying to cover Kevtris. He may telling the truth that it is an as of yet anonymous third party. He probably does have insider info that we don't, but whether said source is reliable I cannot say for certain.

He literally just showed up here but hasn't given any reason to trust or nof trust him. There are events taking place and people involved with this underground firmware release, and it is probably best for those parties involved in the release to remain anonymous at this time.

Are you referring to this quote:
" I am not Kevtris nor does he have anything to do with it (Though we all hope he joins eventually)"
?
All he's saying that he's not Kevtris, and Kevtris doesn't have anything to do with the Discord chat channel

I was trying to compare apples to apples with my new OSSC but the TV only seems to support 480p with 60.08hz OSSC. I set the Super Nt to 480p and...16cedaa84095a68bf555443aad22a16e.jpg

Yuck.

Your HDTv is applying a sharpen filter to the 480p content which looks terrible on non-video content. My low latency ASUS monitor looks gorgeous in 480p, if a bit softer than 720. It scales non-widescreen resolutions as square pixel aspect, so the picture looks best in 640 width (h-interpolation on, v-interpolation off) with 2.5:2 pixels. I am positive there's nothing else at play on my ASUS than a fast bilinear scale. I meant to upload a 480p photo but never did.

Another victory for pc monitors and their lack of post processing. I'd bet money that scanlines look like ass too, on consumer displays that add a sharpness filter to 480p or 720p content. They also do a fantastic job of enhancing the appearance of digital compression artifacts. :razz:

So I know it sounds like tooting my own horn (and maybe it is in a way), but I've been trying to get the "Smooth" palette put on more modern NES solutions. When you hook a machine like the Nt Mini or NESRGB with the "Smooth" palette into a PVM, it will look nearly identical to an NTSC NES composite feed at center dial settings. I tried to take a photograph of the two feeds show how close they are, but it looks even closer in person (click image to see full detail):

I recall once asking Kevtris if he might be interested in adding it to hi-def NES firmware, but I don't think he was interested at the time. I know that RGBsource managed to get his own Hi-def NES firmware palette released, but I don't know how he pulled that off.

At any rate, getting back to MSU1, I just want to state that is does serve an invaluable purpose for preserving Broadcast Satellaview games. I worked very hard on restoring the original broadcast soundtracks to BS zelda, which was released as an MSU1 game, and also my SFX work can be heard on AST MSU1 release as well. So while MSU1 is often just used to make fan soundtrack hacks, it has far more value than that, and I'm grateful for its existence.

Smooth, WaveBeam and CXA2025AS are my personal favorites. I still can't choose which one I like best. I think the Sony palette would come closest to how a real NES looks on my Sony CRT if the saturation was turned down some, but all three are fantastic.

I'm currently using your Unsaturated 6 Palette on my AVS and it gives good results, but I know it has since been improved with later revisions.

• Like 2

Smooth, WaveBeam and CXA2025AS [/size]are my personal favorites. I still can't choose which one I like best. I think the Sony palette would come closest to how a real NES looks on my Sony CRT if the saturation was turned down some, but all three are fantastic.

I'm currently using your Unsaturated 6 Palette on my AVS and it gives good results, but I know it has since been improved with later revisions.

I keep bouncing between unsat v6 and original. I like the v6 best for the majority of games, but original has the least amount of "purple" sky color in super mario bros, besides fceu which has an obnoxious level of oversaturation. The blue sky never showed purple on any properly adjusted ntsc crt, yet always appeared purple on flat panels and capture cards.

At this point, it may be easier to simply adjust the tint control or use a game genie to change the sky color to match the water levels. The NES PPU shapes the ntsc waveform in such a way that digital flat panels and analog tube displays intrinsically respond differently to the stimulus. Playing vhs or dvd movies over composite shows no such shift in color rendition. Possibly Atari suffers from these symptoms too. VCS/2600 look like ass on flat panels.

I have a theory that the nes ppu is outputting a rectangle wave at ntsc colorburst frequency, with dc offset. Luminosity is amplitude of the dc offset, hue is the time offset, and saturation is peak-to-peak height. This rectangle wave gets misshapent somewhat and attenuated by the analog circuitry in the nes composite amp. If analog recordings such as broadcast video or vhs tapes had a more sinusoidal waveform, that might account for how analog crt sets (which remain in the analog domain) and digital conversion result in different display colors when rendered on their respective screens.

Back on topic. Sadly I had to downgrade from 1.2 to b7 on my avs, because the final firmware update broke compatibility with megacatstudios mmc3 repro pcbs.

I think you are thinking too deeply into this, lol.

He's just a guy who wanted to start a Super NT Discord channel.

• Like 3

Is there any way to store multiple BT pairings on the matching BT controllers? I have a few RetroReceivers and was testing things between consoles. It’d be really nice if I could quickly boot and connect the same controller with each console’s receiver. Moving the same receiver resulted in the pairing button getting pressed and wasting time (over and over, actually).

A “guest mode” pairing like Wii Remote controllers do would be pretty cool. In case anyone is unfamiliar: a Wii Remote can be paired with a console long-term using the sync buttons on both, but if you were taking your controller to someone else’s Wii you could temporarily connect without losing your Wii’s pairing data. You’d simply use a paired remote to press Home and go to controllers, then wake up the guest remote by pressing 1 & 2 together.

1) The quotes containing stuff you didn't say seems to have confused you in some manner, but that is generally a tip that someone is talking to more than just yourself. In my last post I was talking to you, the person that said msu-1 work was a waste of time (which was obvious because I quoted them), and the person that said Msu-1 wasn't an enhancement chip.

Sneakyturtleegg didn’t quote anyone. I quoted him and quoted myself to show that I wasn’t *just* posting about our little MSU-1 argument and that I was also making an effort to contribute. No one else had posted about it since you and NoKnownOrigin around 14 hours earlier, but his post came within minutes following mine. He was talking to all of us but it was clearly triggered by my post minutes before his.

2) How exactly does telling people to be open minded about a device and not condemn it based on a single review, based entirely upon one person's opinion being thrown around like it is universal, or overlook all the other stuff the device can offer make me guilty of doing that myself and projecting it on to others? I'm genuinely interested how you came up with that. Actually nevermind don't bother responding it will just be a waste of space on this thread.

You mischaracterized Stardust and myself as closed-minded. You mischaracterized us expressing our opinions as an attempt to stop you from expressing yours when it seems you’re busy doing that to us. You went out of your way to claim your views as respectable opinions and ours as... something else. Totalitarian views being forced on everyone? You certainly wouldn’t acknowledge that ours were also opinions on equal footing to yours!

Your knee-jerk reaction to Stardust talking about the Zelda MSU-1 hack was to tell him to speak for himself when he obviously WAS speaking for himself. Your implication was that he was trying to force his opinion. You just did it again right here: No one ever claimed that their opinion was “universal.” Neither I nor Stardust we’re under any delusions about our opinions being absolute. Heck, I even gave a disclaimer then filled my post with stuff like “I feel...”, “I can’t imagine...”, and “Maybe I’m just a cynic...” I think you took my response personally because I was criticizing it for being nothing but insipid tropes and clichés while you were praising it for having a particular trope. O_o Not sure how that trope elevates the material, but... whatever. You are entitled to your opinion. Just give us the same courtesy and stop acting like we’re Nazi’s just because we made our points really well.

We WERE open-minded. I even expressed enthusiasm for the hombrew possibilities while being disappointed with the execution and pace of developments so far.

Anyways I said I was done on the subject but since you feel the need to make digs at me I thought I would straighten you out. Now drop it. Any further stuff you feel like making up about me won't get another response. I'll simply flag it for moderation. If you want to troll or get a rise out of me you've come to the wrong person.

That’s your fault. I had a point to make and I never said I was done. I’m as entitled to respond to you as you are to me. Saying you’re done does not obligate me to fold.

Then it is an enhancement specification. There can be no misunderstanding on that!

Right. Took the words right out of my mouth. [emoji4] I said this a few times, actually, when explaining why it isn’t “really” an expansion chip (...but could be).

When you acknowledge that it’s a gray area it doesn’t take any cognitive dissonance to call it an expansion chip, as I have, while also acknowledging that it isn’t really an expansion chip. [emoji6] Heck, even if someone made a dedicated MSU-1 cart they might still argue that it isn’t an expansion chip simply because it doesn’t process anything or enable anything that massive RAM/ROM and mappers couldn’t enable.

I mean, carts with simple RAM/ROM/mapper were never considered expansion chip games and capacity alone doesn’t really change that... as the Star Ocean proves. The expansion chip with Star Ocean processes real-time decompression to enable the SNES/SFC to play larger games on smaller ROMs but the same game works fine without the chip on larger ROMs. Except for the cartridge audio, MSU-1 is basically just simulating a larger ROM. The cartridge audio is what would make it an expansion chip in my book, but some may argue that you could add analog stereo input jacks to your cart and connect an iPod and that wouldn’t constitute an “expansion chip.” Because MSU-1 cart audio can be programmatically controlled by the game, I would disagree with anyone saying that.

As someone who owned a BSX Satellaview during the life of the service and someone who used to record every edition of X-Band News and Bandwidth from my SNES on VHS, I salute you. [emoji4] I can’t wait to see what awesome stuff will be made for it. Expressing disappointment with some of what has been made is just me being an entitled and demanding end-user who feels like

Your HDTv is applying a sharpen filter to the 480p content which looks terrible on non-video content. My low latency ASUS monitor looks gorgeous in 480p, if a bit softer than 720. It scales non-widescreen resolutions as square pixel aspect, so the picture looks best in 640 width (h-interpolation on, v-interpolation off) with 2.5:2 pixels. I am positive there's nothing else at play on my ASUS than a fast bilinear scale. I meant to upload a 480p photo but never did.

Another victory for pc monitors and their lack of post processing. I'd bet money that scanlines look like ass too, on consumer displays that add a sharpness filter to 480p or 720p content. They also do a fantastic job of enhancing the appearance of digital compression artifacts. :razz:

Yes. It’s obviously forced to scale 480p and those artifacts come with the territory. The integer scale out of the Super Nt looks amazing specifically because it bypasses all of this. I’m just happy that I don’t have to put up with the OSSC + SNES or HD Retrovision + SNES results on this TV. With Hi-Def NES, Super Nt, and UltraHDMI, the HD Retrovision cables are going back to the CRTs in the other room! That’s where they really shine anyway.

OSSC is still going to be great for the other consoles assuming most will work on this set at 1080p where 60.08hz SNES will not. Recently traded a 7800 and Saturn for it. I’d still be considering a XRGB Mini Framemeister instead of the Super Nt didn’t exist. [emoji4]

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

He did nothing of the sort.

He created what he has labeled as the "Analogue Community Discord Server". When he says he's not Kevtris and that Kevtris has nothing to do with this, he's talking about his message board (Due I imagine to also being named Kevin, so he felt the need to clarify).

He feels like this AtariAge thread is inadequate for Super NT discussion, and is hoping to attract fans, customers, and Kevtris to move over to what he started to discuss this system.

Are you referring to this quote:

" I am not Kevtris nor does he have anything to do with it (Though we all hope he joins eventually)"

?

All he's saying that he's not Kevtris, and Kevtris doesn't have anything to do with the Discord chat channel

Whoops! The phrase "I am not Kevtris nor does he have anything to do with this," I assumed the term "this" referred specifically to the jailbreak firmware rather than the discord forum, and that he had some kind of inside info about the linkage or lack thereof between Kevtris and the jailbreak author. So my hypothesis still stands. :thumbsup:

Yes. Its obviously forced to scale 480p and those artifacts come with the territory. The integer scale out of the Super Nt looks amazing specifically because it bypasses all of this. Im just happy that I dont have to put up with the OSSC + SNES or HD Retrovision + SNES results on this TV. With Hi-Def NES, Super Nt, and UltraHDMI, the HD Retrovision cables are going back to the CRTs in the other room! Thats where they really shine anyway.

OSSC is still going to be great for the other consoles assuming most will work on this set at 1080p where 60.08hz SNES will not. Recently traded a 7800 and Saturn for it. Id still be considering a XRGB Mini Framemeister instead of the Super Nt didnt exist. :)

Still goes to show another aspect of consumer tvs adding multiple layers of unwanted filtering (and lag) to hdmi signals ruining video games.

Consumer flat panels:

Bigger displays.

Overscan.

Sharpen filters.

Tweening algorithms and predictive motion on 120hz disrplays.

Settings that cannot be adjusted via user controls.

Limited color space.

Forced aspect ratios.

Arbitrary amount of lag.

PC monitors:

Smaller size.

Zero overscan.

Fast bilinear scaling with no image tampering or unnecessary filtering.

Very low lag.

Display uncommon aspect ratios and screen refresh rates with 1:1 pixels scaling.

Full rgb colorspace.

Occasionally lack sound options or proper audio bypass. (may require separate purchase or switch/splitter to separate audio content)

If you can live with the smaller screen size, get a 16:9 pc monitor and perfect picture, or play the roulette wheel buying a consumer grade hdtv. You may get a fantastic display or a lemon from a gaming perspective.

I think you are thinking too deeply into this, lol.

He's just a guy who wanted to start a Super NT Discord channel.

I am indeed just a guy that so happens to be named "Kevin" that made a Discord server. I do not know Kevtris or anything about his work outside of what I read / watch throughout the net like everyone else.

--------------------------------

I do however see the humor in the fact we so happen to share the same first name

--------------------------------

• It started out as a Super Nt server but was quickly changed to just include all Analogue consoles.
  • It would be nice if Kevtris joins, but no one expects him to
  • I don't expect or think the Discord server will take over or replace any forum

--------------

It's just fun to have a place to chat about the Super Nt and anything to do with it. If it evolves to become more than that by perhaps being one of the places the firmware / jailbreak developers go to get feedback and / or testers so be it. I'll set up whatever is required for those people to make their life easier. Personally if I was helping with the firmware / jailbreak I'd welcome an easily accessible 250+ people that will see anything I write as a community update.

Edited by KevinDL
  • Like 1

As for me, I bought the classic purple and couldn't have been happier. And I own an led modded funtastic "smoke" n64 with ultrahdmi mod. ;-)

Speaking of N64, mine has been sporadically freezing and tonight I noticed a buzzing sound coming from it. Could it be the power supply, and if so has anyone had a good experience with a third party replacement?

Still goes to show another aspect of consumer tvs adding multiple layers of unwanted filtering (and lag) to hdmi signals ruining video games.

Consumer flat panels:

Bigger displays.

Overscan.

Sharpen filters.

Tweening algorithms and predictive motion on 120hz disrplays.

Settings that cannot be adjusted via user controls.

Limited color space.

Forced aspect ratios.

Arbitrary amount of lag.

PC monitors:

Smaller size.

Zero overscan.

Fast bilinear scaling with no image tampering or unnecessary filtering.

Very low lag.

Display uncommon aspect ratios and screen refresh rates with 1:1 pixels scaling.

Full rgb colorspace.

Occasionally lack sound options or proper audio bypass. (may require separate purchase or switch/splitter to separate audio content)

If you can live with the smaller screen size, get a 16:9 pc monitor and perfect picture, or play the roulette wheel buying a consumer grade hdtv. You may get a fantastic display or a lemon from a gaming perspective.

For someone who knows so much about the technical aspect of things, I'm still so surprised you are perfectly happy playing on an old 10 yr old 26" Sanyo LCD. It just seems contradictive.

BTW, my 50" 1080p Plasma doesn't have over scan and perfectly outputs full range RGB. Also, the input lag is low enough where I can beat Mike Tyson via my AVS which only outputs 720p mind you.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Speaking of N64, mine has been sporadically freezing and tonight I noticed a buzzing sound coming from it. Could it be the power supply, and if so has anyone had a good experience with a third party replacement?

Oem power supplies can go bad sometimes. My old n64 started having an issue where it reset after a few minutes of play. Then the game would reset shortly thereafter in an infinite reboot cycle. I probed the 3.3v supply at the controller port with a multimeter. The psu started around 3.18v cold boot and slowly dropped from there. When it hit below 2.92v, the cpu reset.

I replaced it with another used oem power supply from gamexchange. Tested the console at boot, 3.34v. Let it run for two hours in the banjo kazooie demo. Still 3.34v. Never had issues from that console again, though a year or two I aquired a smoke gray funtastic console through a trade and sold the old n64 back to gamexchange, with the good psu attached. Now that same console has a row of led lights inside and an hdmi upgrade. :grin:

So if your console goes into an endless cycle of reboots, it's probably the regulator in the psu going out. You can check the voltage on the controller port pins with a multimeter while the console is running, use the first and last pin for reference. If it's less than 3.2v, the supply may be going bad.

If you get a non oem power brick, check the voltage on it with a meter before plugging into the system to ensure it's not putting out too much juice. The 3.3v, 12v, and gnd (0v) pins on the supply port are clearly marked. I've had bad experience with a yobo expansion pak crashing the system with unrecoverable memory errors. In Paper Mario it threw a bunch of debug info on the screen. Never had that issue with oem jumper paks or expansion ram.

For someone who knows so much about the technical aspect of things, I'm still so surprised you are perfectly happy playing on an old 10 yr old 26" Sanyo LCD. It just seems contradictive.

BTW, my 50" 1080p Plasma doesn't have over scan and perfectly outputs full range RGB. Also, the input lag is low enough where I can beat Mike Tyson via my AVS which only outputs 720p mind you.

Don't go knocking my sanyo tv again. You are just bating me at this point. I have a 1080p asus tucked away in my bedroom for serious gaming, and took pictures of the gorgeous display. Perhaps sometime I do some homework and get the 40" tv for the living room and relocate the antique clock. The Super NT correctly identified the edid settings on the sanyo from within the system menu as supporting 720p and 480p but will not lower the output resolution when first initialized.

The Sanyo cannot sync 1080p and the fact the firmware booted in 1080p without reverting to 720p or 480p on max 1080i sets is a design flaw. I need to check if a freshly flashed v4.3 firmware still exhibits this issue. I haven't played in the living room since upgrading the firmware. If it doesn't post, I'll try to dump the edid as plain text using my laptop and send it to kevtris. Other gamers also had issues with older 720p/1080i flat panels and 1080i crts not displaying signal, so i'm not the only one who owns older tvs. Many also have a large tv in the living room but game on smaller tvs in other rooms while other family members occupy the big tv. Until fairly recently, many smaller budget tvs still used 1366x768 screens with slower 720p/1080i only hd input, so these sets are not uncommon by any means.

Don't go knocking my sanyo tv again. You are just bating me at this point. I have a 1080p asus tucked away in my bedroom for serious gaming, and took pictures of the gorgeous display. Perhaps sometime I do some homework and get the 40" tv for the living room and relocate the antique clock. The Super NT correctly identified the edid settings on the sanyo from within the system menu as supporting 720p and 480p but will not lower the output resolution when first initialized.

The Sanyo cannot sync 1080p and the fact the firmware booted in 1080p without reverting to 720p or 480p on max 1080i sets is a design flaw. I need to check if a freshly flashed v4.3 firmware still exhibits this issue. I haven't played in the living room since upgrading the firmware. If it doesn't post, I'll try to dump the edid as plain text using my laptop and send it to kevtris. Other gamers also had issues with older 720p/1080i flat panels and 1080i crts not displaying signal, so i'm not the only one who owns older tvs. Many also have a large tv in the living room but game on smaller tvs in other rooms while other family members occupy the big tv. Until fairly recently, many smaller budget tvs still used 1366x768 screens with slower 720p/1080i only hd input, so these sets are not uncommon by any means.

Well, it is pretty funny that your PC Monitor is better than your main TV and most likely a lot better.

Well, it is pretty funny that your PC Monitor is better than your main TV and most likely a lot better.

Why do you seem so emotionally invested in what tv I use? If it pains you so much that I keep the old Sanyo kicking around, feel free to buy that Panasonic 50" dream display on Amazon or Best Buy and ship it to my home address if my Sanyo offends you too much. I'll even do an unboxing and setup video on my youtube channel, along with video proof of myself dropping off the Sanyo at goodwill or some other local charity. I get a free tv out of the deal and you can sleep at night knowing there's one less retrogaming enthusiast using inferior gear than yours.

Did I hear you correctly? You don't want to purchase a replacement for my Sanyo TV? Then please stop complaning about my setup if you won't help me remedy the situation. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Why do you seem so emotionally invested in what tv I use? If it pains you so much that I keep the old Sanyo kicking around, feel free to buy that Panasonic 50" dream display on Amazon or Best Buy and ship it to my home address if my Sanyo offends you too much. I'll even do an unboxing and setup video on my youtube channel, along with video proof of myself dropping off the Sanyo at goodwill or some other local charity. I get a free tv out of the deal and you can sleep at night knowing there's one less retrogaming enthusiast using inferior gear than yours.

Did I hear you correctly? You don't want to purchase a replacement for my Sanyo TV? Then please stop complaning about my setup if you won't help me remedy the situation. :facepalm:

LOL, like I said, its just very contradictive to see someone so knowledgable on the subject not willing to spend $300 on a TV that would be a night and day improvement over what he currently owns, yet is willing to pay $200+ for an HDMI Snes Clone.

I just find it curious. Usually the ones with the most knowledge have at least semi decent equipment as their main displays. I mean, I guess you at least have a relatively decent 1080p PC monitor.

You owe it to yourself to experience the Super NT in the best possible way and it won't cost you all that much. Its not like I'm telling you that you need to spend $1500 on an OLED display or something lol.

No excuses to be Mr. Cheapo. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-49-class-48-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-roku-tv/5878701.p?skuId=5878701

BTW, don't take my comments so personally, I'm just messing with you a bit. If you want to rock on a 10 yr old 26" Sanyo, have at it lol. At least you are playing on a Super NT and not one of those garbage clones from other companies.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 1

PC monitors are perfect if you live in your mom's basement or you are doing development in your lab on your workbench.

Current HDTVs are great if you are a grown ass adult sitting in your living room looking at an amazing 65 inch screen and Kevin fixed the overscan problem. Which he did.

But seriously, OLED and plasma prior have amazing black levels and colors and LCD PC screens fail miserably in this respect.

Just stop all the shitting on HDTVs and making up problems that they don't have. In 2018 they are insanely good.

The amount of misinformation in this thread continues to be absolutely freaking absurd.

Edited by Beer Monkey
  • Like 1