IGNORED

Fixing poor or crushed boxes?

AtariLeaf

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or methods for straightening or fixing Atari game boxes that have crushed, bent, or smooshed? I've thought of putting pieces of styrofoam or something similar cut to the size of the box and stuck in the tops and bottoms to help them regain their shape over time. Or if they have tops or bottoms that don't want to stay closed, sitting them up straight on a desk or table and placing an object like a book on top for a day or so. I put 5 in between two book ends with a book on top so we'll see if it helps that. Just looking for any suggestions to help possibly regain their shape, even a little.

post-2493-0-61173600-1442883682_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or methods for straightening or fixing Atari game boxes that have crushed, bent, or smooshed?

It's time consuming, but I used cardboard. Measured strips to slide into the gaps of the cartridge braces. It takes between four and five layers to match the depth of the Atari box. The good thing is, after you've finished, it feels like you could drive a car over it. HA.

unglueing or flatten the box.

ironing works perfect for me. (not to hot. you have to find out the best setting with a old box.)

important! place a cloth over it

only recommendable with 100% cardbord boxes.

This worked for me too, I had some really crushed boxed that I brought back to life this way.

I found that if you are careful, you can significantly reduce the appearance of bad creasing and restore most of the shape.

I take boxes apart, flatten them out, spray the cardstock side with water to relax the board and sandwich the flat box between layers of was papers and heavy books to dry. It works well for me and unless they actually have fold marks on the flat sides, they typically come out looking almost new, at least presentable.