IGNORED

Collectable Status?

Tkat5200

Yeah... kind of a joke. Only 67 Games, and saying the Jaguar has less than 1,000 games is still correct. :)

Is that 67 number including post Atari releases? Not homebrews, but Telegames and Songbird and Battlesphere, etc.? Are you including cd releases or just carts?

I personally include all games done by development companies whether during or post Atari and as long as they are complete or 95%+ complete and playable and/or published in a professional manner with a box and manual, etc., bugs or not. And if we are 100% technically honest I would include all homebrews, free or not, that are complete, but in a homebrew catagory. I would stop short in as much as stuff like ST ports though.

In my personal opinion stuff like Another World, Impule X and Elansar are even real games in the Jags library that are beyond mini games and traditional homebrews. I keep those along side my other official releases on my rack and not with other homebrews that I keep below what I personally consider to be official games in the library. Not that I expect everyone too, but I do, and if I am showing my collection to friends I include them as official and then I point to the hombrews below that I state as such.

Only including releases pre-Atari collapse I actually find to be dishonest and biased going on 20 years later when describing the Jag library to new owners or those thinking about getting a Jag. Hasn't Jag been beat up enough, generally without good reason, over the years? Still kicking it in it's commercial grave is just moronic.

Edited by Gunstar

Hasn't Jag been beat up enough, generally without good reason, over the years? Still kicking it in it's commercial grave is just moronic.

I mean this in purely the sense if the size of it's library and giving props where props are owed. It was a commcercial failure and had some problems but many are exagerated or even over-rated opinion. but even the successful console of the era are now "dead" systems but the Jag's still kicking with new life from the community which is arguably second only to the Dreamcast in the "after life." Report on the Jag as it exists today as well as from in it's day.

Dislocated fingers from playing Jaguar? I'm baffled as to how anyone can dislocate a finger pressing buttons. That's new to me, didn't know about this. :?

Yeah, before they got the joystick sorted, they were cheeky with it, and it caused people to bollox their digits. They mended it with spanners, and then everything was posh.

Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about... I've been watching too many Wheeler Dealers episodes on BBC America!

• Like 2