IGNORED

Where can I buy an SGM?

Place Logo Here

The last time Eduardo spoke of available SGMs, he said there were about 50 left.

apparently he has sold out now, i asked him a question regarding them and ordering via email, low and behold, no reply.

during the neglect of his emails which i think is very bad personally, they have sold out, so i have not ordered (which i would have had if a reply was sent to me).

thanks for that, that's all i can say!

not best pleased.

apparently he has sold out now, i asked him a question regarding them and ordering via email, low and behold, no reply.

during the neglect of his emails which i think is very bad personally, they have sold out, so i have not ordered (which i would have had if a reply was sent to me).

thanks for that, that's all i can say!

not best pleased.

Why didn't you just follow the instructions in his pre-order post? The information was up for two years. Plenty of time to have sent him the money to get on the list! Seems to me that everyone that followed his instructions ended up on the list. That's how I got mine. The more I learn about this homebrew community it seems to be "Act fast or miss out." So if you didn't send him the money over the last two years the pre-order has been active, or you were waiting around for an email to be responded to, sounds like you missed out and should have acted quicker, took the leap of faith and sent him the money. That's what I did and now I have an SGM with my name on it out there somewhere.

Why didn't you just follow the instructions in his pre-order post? The information was up for two years. Plenty of time to have sent him the money to get on the list! Seems to me that everyone that followed his instructions ended up on the list. That's how I got mine. The more I learn about this homebrew community it seems to be "Act fast or miss out." So if you didn't send him the money over the last two years the pre-order has been active, or you were waiting around for an email to be responded to, sounds like you missed out and should have acted quicker, took the leap of faith and sent him the money. That's what I did and now I have an SGM with my name on it out there somewhere.

considering i only obtained a colecovision recently, why would i send money before to obtain an item that would have been useless to me?

considering i only obtained a colecovision recently, why would i send money before to obtain an item that would have been useless to me?

I'm just saying that the information has been around for more than two years. According to your posting history, looks like you posted about your ColecoVision system on July 16th. Ed posted on Aug 17th that 70 SGM's were still available. He posted again on October 5th that 30 were still available. He sold out on October 7th.

Like I said, act fast or miss out!

that maybe so, but with my projects on the jaguar if we are sold out, if someone requests one for whatever reason, we try very hard to sort them out.

it seems that that's not the case here

hell just a circuit board would do with no plastic case

but whatever

doesn't change the fact that emails aren't responded to ever. i respond to my emails in a timely fashion as im sure you do. Eduardo i'm sorry to say does not!

^ Look. I get it. Not everyone does business the same way. And to some people the way Eduardo has communicated has not been acceptable. No denying that. But still, if there is one thing I've learned from these forums, and about Eduardo specifically, waiting for an email or a message to be responded to means you'll probably be waiting around for a while. Take the leap of faith. Send the guy the money. That's your best shot of having gotten on that list. There are many people including myself, if you read the threads in the Opcode forum, that are in the same boat. We sent him the money and got on the list. Will I ever get my SGM? I'm not sure. I hope so. I think so. But all I know is that I'm in a better place for getting one because I put a little bit of faith in the guy. And those that didn't...well...I guess they are gonna write posts like yours.

I don't see how you can blame Eduardo because you didn't send him the money. Act fast or miss out. That's all I'm saying.

^ Look. I get it. Not everyone does business the same way. And to some people the way Eduardo has communicated has not been acceptable. No denying that. But still, if there is one thing I've learned from these forums, and about Eduardo specifically, waiting for an email or a message to be responded to means you'll probably be waiting around for a while. Take the leap of faith. Send the guy the money. That's your best shot of having gotten on that list. There are many people including myself, if you read the threads in the Opcode forum, that are in the same boat. We sent him the money and got on the list. Will I ever get my SGM? I'm not sure. I hope so. I think so. But all I know is that I'm in a better place for getting one because I put a little bit of faith in the guy. And those that didn't...well...I guess they are gonna write posts like yours.

I don't see how you can blame Eduardo because you didn't send him the money. Act fast or miss out. That's all I'm saying.

His lack of communication is unexcusable, PERIOD! If he can't do a good job replying back, then he should let someone else do it. End of story. By the way, I did pay.

His lack of communication is inexcusable, PERIOD! If he can't do a good job replying back, then he should let someone else do it.

I'm not disagreeing with that statement at all. But that's not the point I was trying to make to omf, either. The point I was trying to make was that anyone who has been following these forums since July (where it turns out he actually posted in the SGM threads) should have been able to get on that list if they followed the pre-order instructions if they really wanted an SGM. People who followed the instructions are on the list. People who didn't follow the instructions have no excuse but to be upset at themselves that they didn't follow through correctly.

I'm not disagreeing with that statement at all. But that's not the point I was trying to make to omf, either. The point I was trying to make was that anyone who has been following these forums since July (where it turns out he actually posted in the SGM threads) should have been able to get on that list if they followed the pre-order instructions if they really wanted an SGM. People who followed the instructions are on the list. People who didn't follow the instructions have no excuse but to be upset at themselves that they didn't follow through correctly.

How much confidence can anybody have in being on the list, if the guys doesn't bother to respond back? Why should anybody give money to a guy who doesn't respond back? How can you trust the reliability of someone sending you something, let alone being on the list, if he/she is not reliable enough to reply back to the email? I doubt the guy has ever worked in customer service.

How much confidence can anybody have in being on the list, if the guys doesn't bother to respond back? Why should anybody give money to a guy who doesn't respond back? How can you trust the reliability of someone sending you something, let alone being on the list, if he/she is not reliable enough to reply back to the email? I doubt the guy has ever worked in customer service.

He has a point, TPR... :ponder:

Again, the point was not about Eduardo responding to emails. The point was "follow the instructions." He didn't get on the SGM list because he didn't follow the instructions. Regardless of how many emails Eduardo responds to or doesn't respond to, that's why he's not on the list. Period.

Here we go again...

Eduardo has a known reputation for slacking on email responses and on updates, to which he himself has owned up to.

The fact of the matter is just like most of us the guy has other things on his plate which take precedence; hes not the only person with ongoing projects that seem to linger for years and years with no info forthcoming.

I'm neither defending this action nor condemning it, it is what it is, and I'm just as guilty (I've got Astrocade S-VIDEO adapters to unload for over a year now but have yet to post any updates).

But we're all hopeful he and the other guys eventually come around when time permits, I'm looking forward to playing Donkey Kong Arcade before I'm too senile to remember how to play it.

Edited by TMOSteel
  • Like 1

The fact of the matter is just like most of us the guy has other things on his plate which take precedence; hes not the only person with ongoing projects that seem to linger for years and years with no info forthcoming.

the big difference with most of other guys which have ongoing projects , is that he already got the money. Some are still waiting for 3 years now their Paid SGM...