IGNORED

GOLD Medal Bracket Tournament - Season 4

S.BAZ

As a key for my victory in Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier, I'm practicing the higher levels via Level Selector (as a Spiceware's tip) and producing my video tutorials.

Just to reinforce my honesty, here is my video of Stay Frosty 2 Level 128 with closing. Stay Frosty 2 made me want to record my video tutorials.

My advanced tip for Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier: Draw a map of each level, in special Levels 10 to 32.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

Stay Frosty 2 : 56.055. Kudos to Nathan and Spiceware for such a great mind absorbing game! Reminds somewhat of Solomons Key for the NES.

Good score, N C G. I don't need your videos of Stay Frosty 2 Stay Frostier. I'm getting more familiar with this game.

My own tutorial videos of Stay Frosty 2 which I recorded are helping me much more.

H.E.R.O. Game 5 and One Life - New take - 273,850

(PAL version, which I downloaded on H.E.R.O. Contest - The NEW HSC Season 4, Week 34, Double Points Weeks)

post-24681-0-69191400-1446307763_thumb.png

Video and picture sent to JacobZu7zu7 / S.BAZ

Just to be honest, I use PAL version to play 2600 games in some occasions.

Edited by oyamafamily

Stay Frosty 2 - One more take - 104,409 (One Fireboss beaten!)

Woo Hoooo! I saved one of Santa's helpers!

post-24681-0-10998600-1446377954_thumb.png

EDIT: Preliminary video removed by me on my Youtube account just because this contest is over.

Only my final Stay Frosty 2 gameplay video for this contest has been conserved.

Edited by oyamafamily

TOTAL TIME SPENT UNTIL NOW FOR GOLD MEDAL FINALS (estimated values):

J.O.R.G.E.N. - 60 minutes

H.E.R.O. - 85 minutes

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier - 895 minutes (this game required more concentration, practice with Level Selector, emotional control and coordination)

Edited by oyamafamily

HERO 327,425. One life. Five level 19s and three level 20s during this session, the third level 20 got me.

Nice score, NorthCoastGamer. And nice avatar.

I watched Ultraman on TV. Our deadline is finishing - our "colorful timer" is red and blinking faster .

Edited by oyamafamily

STAY FROSTY 2 - FINAL ATTEMPT - 153,284 (Made it to Level 61)

post-24681-0-88898500-1446402043_thumb.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9tq8l9lBs

NOTE: This is my final Stay Frosty 2 gameplay video for this contest, which I avoided removing.

I'm training for the special mission in December 2015 - complete all 128 levels of Stay Frosty 2.

My Stay Frosty 2 Full Gameplay Video (128 levels) will replace the ones which I removed on December 19th, 2015.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 2

Congrats to oyamafamily! I knew this one would go down to the wire. Very good performances -all season- by the two finalists in the Gold Medal Bracket - NCG & oyamafamily. I really had no idea who would end up winning, especially with the game selection.

Thanks to the moderators for the hard work all season. I joined this tournament just to force myself to play some games I may not have played before, and ended up really enjoying the competition week by week. It was a lot of fun participating this year and I look forward to playing again in the next one.

• Like 4

H.E.R.O. GAME 5 / ONE LIFE RUN / PAL VERSION - FINAL TAKE - 567,515

attachicon.gifH.E.R.O. (1984) (Activision) (PAL)_2.png

Video and picture sent to JacobZu7zu7 and S.BAZ

I've watched your video twice so far Mr Oyama and there are some major flaws with it. At the 2:31 mark your score is 37,625, after using a stick of dynamite, score jumps to 37,750, when it should have went to 37,700. Using a stick of dynamite is 75 points, not 125 points. At the 11:05 mark your score is 181,765, score goes to 181,890, when it should have been 181,840. At the 22:13 mark your score is 364,375, then jumps to 364,500, when it should have been 364,450. Everywhere else in the video shows you getting 75 points for using a dynamite stick. The way I see it, you used save states and edited your video to make it look like it was a complete game. Care to explain yourself Wilson? Proof is in the pudding!

Let's remember the Champion, the Medal Winners and who defeated the Champion during the Medal Tournament in the previous seasons of 2600 NEW HSC:

Season 1:

Champion - Gorfy

Gold Medal - Deteacher (7th place)

Who defeated the Champion - Stan (4th place)

Silver Medal - NorthCoastGamer (10th place)

Bronze Medal - ZOYX (21st place)

Season 2:

Champion - Northcoastgamer

Gold Medal - S.BAZ (3rd place)

Who defeated the Champion - S.BAZ (3rd place)

Silver Medal - SPICEWARE (12th place)

Bronze Medal - JacobZu7zu7 (22nd place)

Season 3:

Champion - Capitan Classic

Gold Medal - Northcoastgamer (2nd place)

Who defeated the Champion - Northcoastgamer (2nd place)

Silver Medal - ME, oyamafamily (13th place)

Bronze Medal - Botbird (18th place)

I've watched your video twice so far Mr Oyama and there are some major flaws with it. At the 2:31 mark your score is 37,625, after using a stick of dynamite, score jumps to 37,750, when it should have went to 37,700. Using a stick of dynamite is 75 points, not 125 points. At the 11:05 mark your score is 181,765, score goes to 181,890, when it should have been 181,840. At the 22:13 mark your score is 364,375, then jumps to 364,500, when it should have been 364,450. Everywhere else in the video shows you getting 75 points for using a dynamite stick. The way I see it, you used save states and edited your video to make it look like it was a complete game. Care to explain yourself Wilson? Proof is in the pudding!

Pay attention in the following videos:

1) H.E.R.O. Gameplay - Atari 2600 via CONSOLE! - 91,105 points (record by Gleen Case)

At 4:22 mark in the video below, you will see 52,150 on the score (it's Level 9). After Gleen used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 52,275 points. So, the score should be 52,225! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

This video has been recorded via camera and Gleen Case used an original Atari 2600 Console.

2) ScoreGround - Atari 2600 - H.E.R.O.: 166,070 - User: Metaljesusrocks

NOTES in this video: Played on Atari 2600 Jr with real 2600 joystick through an old VHS to Macbook for video capture. The trick is to use a real 2600 joystick, as the game is perfectly tuned to it.

At 3:53 mark in the video below, you will see 52,240 on the score (again, it's Level 9). After Metal Jesus used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 52,365 points. So, the correct score should be 52,315! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

3) H.E.R.O. Level 9 Run, played by me on Stella 4.0, using 2 versions: the American (NTSC) by Activision and the European (PAL) by Ariola (video attached). To enter Level 9, I selected Game 3.

First, the American Version, starts at 0:00 mark. At 0:25 mark, I used a stick of dynamite and the score was 575 points; after this action, the score jumped to 700 when the correct is 650 points.

Second, the European Version, starts at 0:48 mark. At 1:11 mark, I used a stick of dynamite and the score was 625 points; after this action, the score jumped to 750 when the correct is 700 points.

In both versions, the dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

4) GBA Activision Anthology HERO 1 Million Points, by me (oyamafamily)

At 5:33 mark in the video below, you will see 55,290 on the score (it's Level 9). After I used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 55,415 points when the correct should be 55,365! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

This video has been recorded with aTube Catcher and the emulator used is VisualBoy Advance.

NOTE 1: Although the speed of this game is slow, the Framerate on Visual Boy was adjusted to 60 FPS, and the percentage varied between 95-100% of 60 FPS, as you can see on the Titie Bar.

NOTE 2: I used Fast Forward on Visual Boy Advance Emulator (Spacebar button) at the moment I rescued a miner (transition between levels) and at the moment I lost a life (transition between lives) in the video below. Fast Forward I only use when the score submission type is NORMAL POINTS.

CONCLUSION: By paying the closest attention in these videos above, I conclude that it's a bug in this specific game. So, I didn't used saves or other cheats. To achieve my ultimate score on H.E.R.O., I just used European (PAL) version by Ariola and played in the correct settings, and pressed F12 (Save Snapahot) after I lost the first life. The European Version I took from H.E.R.O. Contest on the NEW HSC Season 4, Week 34, Double Points Weeks.

HERO Level 9.wmv

Edited by oyamafamily

I see it this way: if someone really feels the urge to cheat in an online tournament where there's nothing to win but virtual laurels within a small community, then so be it. I don't even give a shit if that would happen in a competition against myself. I don't even want to know, because I don't care. I am playing here to have fun and play games.