IGNORED

Replacement Controller Membranes

RWAP

There has not been much interest expressed I admit...

However, we do have a sample membrane which we are currently testing... (some small adjustments required)

I am surprised as while my controllers are currently working fine there are periodic inquiries here for such a product - There was one today.

Put me down as interested as these would be great to have as backup.

I was looking at my Intellivision 1 controllers this week and saw some differences. Thought I'd share what I found. It looks like they made some modifications, including thickening one of the circuit lines for the side buttons . The thinner lines in the revised contact is ground. It looks like they tried to fix the unexpected keypad press from side+disc problem. Three lines come together with the side button, so it looks like they wanted it so that if one line failed to connect it would be ground. With my four controllers there is some noticeable improvement but its not perfect. They probably did something similar with the keypad buttons.

From a Sears Intellivision part number 2609-9589 marked "RRN"

post-43287-0-45668600-1477055961_thumb.jpg

From a Canadian 2609 part number 2609-9589 marked "EURO RR REV-D"

post-43287-0-99216500-1477056063_thumb.jpg

I was looking at my Intellivision 1 controllers this week and saw some differences. Thought I'd share what I found. It looks like they made some modifications, including thickening one of the circuit lines for the side buttons . The thinner lines in the revised contact is ground. It looks like they tried to fix the unexpected keypad press from side+disc problem. Three lines come together with the side button, so it looks like they wanted it so that if one line failed to connect it would be ground. With my four controllers there is some noticeable improvement but its not perfect. They probably did something similar with the keypad buttons.

From a Sears Intellivision part number 2609-9589 marked "RRN"

attachicon.giforig.jpg

From a Canadian 2609 part number 2609-9589 marked "EURO RR REV-D"

attachicon.gifrev.jpg

I'd have to take my controller project apart to see, but I think it was labeled REV-E

I think I have the membrane from its sister controller. I'll see if I could find it. I recall it wasn't working, so it may have been tossed.

It is from a System III unit or a Super Pro system, so maybe there is another member that has one and can open their controller to check it out.

• 3 months later...

I just got a Sears Intellivision, the Super Video Arcade. The circuit matrix looks to be the same one as in the Intellivision 1, the part # is 2609-9589. Anyway the lower portion of this circuit where the disk makes contact has a circle worn right through it. I would definitely be interested in 2 of the new ones if you make them, maybe even 4, spares are always good to have.

depending on price, id likely take 10 or more pairs.

i have a bunch of consoles with non working controllers. never got around to taking apart and cleaning the membranes and going over circuitry with a circuit trace pen.

you would likely sell a bunch more once the word got around. do you have a pic of the 'prototype' you can post in here? Ill try to help get the word out via my newsletter.

you would likely sell more on ePay.....

depending on price, id likely take 10 or more pairs.

i have a bunch of consoles with non working controllers. never got around to taking apart and cleaning the membranes and going over circuitry with a circuit trace pen.

Also check the nine wires in the controller cable.

• 5 months later...