IGNORED

Quarrion - new game finished!

matosimi

The title screen suffers from the "Hi-res last scan line bug" as described in section 4.6 of the Altirra Hardware Reference Manual.

Here's a simple fix that uses mode 8 instead of mode 2 for the last mode line of the display list:

Quarrion-last-line-fix.xex

I also changed the last 40 bytes of the file to FF so that the last 8 scan lines are still COLPF0 instead of COLBAK, though only 10 bytes are needed for a mode 8 mode line.

• Like 5

The title screen suffers from the "Hi-res last scan line bug" as described in section 4.6 of the Altirra Hardware Reference Manual.

Here's a simple fix that uses mode 8 instead of mode 2 for the last mode line of the display list:

attachicon.gifQuarrion-last-line-fix.xex

I also changed the last 40 bytes of the file to FF so that the last 8 scan lines are still COLPF0 instead of COLBAK, though only 10 bytes are needed for a mode 8 mode line.

thanks Xuel, nice one :) - really magical bug

I have already changed it in my code...

please someone test it on realHW...i will update svn repo and all downloads then...

Quarrion.xex

• Like 4

At some point of the game I had three red bombs activated, two of them was of type 4 and one was of type 5. In the next move, five red blocks were aligned at the top, including one of each type. All red blocks dissappeared from the board, except for the other activated bomb type 4 that was not on that line. Was this normal or a bug? I expected to remove every red block from the board.

heh already 13 downloads, yet no feedback :)

pls.just let me know if it works on real HW ntsc/pal.

thanks

Oops! I forgot feedback!

It looks great on my stock, NTSC 800XL and VGA scan converter.

Actually, I postponed feedback because I wanted to get further along with Quarrion. Unfortunately, I'm not quite getting the knack of it.

-SteveS

p.s. Off topic and very late feedback but better late than never, Monex is still one of my favorite A8 games! matosimi, thanks for everything!

• Like 1

If you could add reset to reboot next time you are making an update ;)

implemented, just redownload the binary

p.s. Off topic and very late feedback but better late than never, Monex is still one of my favorite A8 games! matosimi, thanks for everything!

I'm glad to hear/read that :)

• Like 1

R U kidding me?

How long was the gameplay???

btw, now im happy I coded 5-digit highscore because it looks like 4 digits could not be enough for some players... ehm.. I mean you.

That was about an hour and a half, I think. After a while, all the 4s and 5s really, really help. I had several very close calls but managed to get out of them. My luck finally ran out with 10k in sight!

I know I can use that 5th digit high score... Thank you! Love this game!

Edited by adam242