IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Mr. Ultra has three lives

RSS Bot

So I added a life system for Mr. Ultra. I tried to program this yesterday, but my brain started hurting because it was thinking too much so I had to quit. I went to sleep and this morning, I decided to tackle it again. At first I thought that the best way to do this was to have heads for lives. Wrong. The best way, at least for the way I have it set up now, is to have a number indicating the number of lives you have left. It's a red number. Red because it should be visible in all four levels. And I say should because I haven't got to level 4 yet. Which is I guess good because I had broken the collision detection part of the code. I guess it's fixed now. So now everything is going well in it. I am waiting for my Game Gear Everdrive to come so I can test it on real hardware. That is, if I can figure out how to use it. If I can use it. I need to get a micro SD to regular SD adapter, which I plan on doing tomorrow, if they have any. So I fought with the code for a couple of hours again. But at least it works, for now...

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12371-mr-ultra-has-three-lives/