IGNORED

Carrot Kingdom™ - Work in Progress 32K! - New Demo 10-16-2017

Jinroh

Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying it!

Yes the file on the first post is the latest one. ^^

One last task now for the next demo so, hopefully sooner rather than later. ^^ (I know I've said that, but I keep deciding to keep adding/subtracting re-writing things. x3)

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

Just uploaded this to my flashback portable and it works great except reset at the cat statue :/ no way to unplug controller 2. Hopefully you have a fix in the future as it would be awesome to play on the portable ;)

I actually just got a flashback portable for Christmas so I'm curious to see if the newer (as of yet unreleased version) will work any better. A lot of the underlying code has been re-written. If it works, great, but at least I have a portable now to test.

• Like 1

Looks good.

Thanks! :D

Nice, the portable is a cool little gizmo. I know making your game work on actual hardware is #1 but it would be cool to play on the go :) anyways great work so far!

Yeah I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the portable coming out. Hopefully I can get it working on there without too much trouble.

• 1 month later...

Ok! Happy Valentines Day! :3

I've spent a lot of time tightening and polishing everything as much as I can, so I hope you enjoy! :3

It's a lot tougher now that the collision has been improved and you can't stick to walls. x3 I've been able to beat the demo though so it's doable. :3

Edited by Jinroh

Pretty cool. Love the red colors in the first sub level. The haunted forest is pretty cool too.

It took me a while to figure out how to beat the ghosts. Pretty challenging.

Thanks my man! :D Yeah I like that red floor, I was like man, it's so hot there's fireballs under the floor it's gotta be red!

I agree those ghosts are tough!

I agree with you on that jump.

I had it shortened, but my friend had complained that the game was too easy so I erred on the side of harder.

Though I agree I can barely make it 1/~15 times so here is a new version that is slightly different.

Carrot Kingdom™Demo .07f

Updates:

Shortened jump before Bread Cat.

Added the ability to walk and shoot thanks to Darryl1970 for pointing this out.

Edited by Jinroh

Thank you! That jump is much more manageable now and it doesn't make the game too easy, I mean it's level 1 for mercy's sake! Bread Cat is plenty enough challenge for level 1. And besides, those damned ghosts in level 2 are sufficiently hard enough!

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 1

Some weirdness: I made it to level 2 with two lives remaining. The ghosts got me and I restarted at the beginning of level 2. The ghosts got me again, is a recurring theme right now, but the game started me back at the Bread Cat boss fight, only Bread Cat was unable to shoot at me, so he was very easy to take down. Game progressed as normal, and yes, the ghosts got me.

I have not yet had this happen again, but it once is enough for me to point it out.

Love, Love, Loving this game!

• Like 1

I agree! My friend thinks anything not brutally difficult is too easy. X3

I made the same argument, that it is level one.

Moving and shooting should help with the ghosts too. ^^

Thank you! That jump is much more manageable now and it doesn't make the game too easy, I mean it's level 1 for mercy's sake! Bread Cat is plenty enough challenge for level 1. And besides, those damned ghosts in level 2 are sufficiently hard enough!

Oh I see that's peculiar. I've died a lot from the ghosts and not encountered that one.

I'll check it out and see if I can replicate. If you find some pattern please let me know.

Glad you're enjoying it so much. ^^

Some weirdness: I made it to level 2 with two lives remaining. The ghosts got me and I restarted at the beginning of level 2. The ghosts got me again, is a recurring theme right now, but the game started me back at the Bread Cat boss fight, only Bread Cat was unable to shoot at me, so he was very easy to take down. Game progressed as normal, and yes, the ghosts got me.

I have not yet had this happen again, but it once is enough for me to point it out.

Love, Love, Loving this game!

Hopefully this is the last update and I can start working on the subsequent levels.

Update:

Carrot Kingdom™ Demo .07g -

*Adjustment to quell Potential Bread Cat battle after ghost kills you.

Thanks for all the feedback I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I am making it! Chocolat really appreciates it too. ;3

BTW *Tease Tease* you'll find out who is Chocolat later. ;3

bb1aec1c838e279af674f3b3edc8adf5.jpg

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1