IGNORED

This is the most soothing music on the Sega Genesis

mbd30

Streets of Rage 2 is great all around period! My second favorite Genesis game of all time.

Well now I'm curious what beat it out.

After popping over to ebay I was disappointed to see a game that was so common among my peers that it may as well have come in breakfast cereal is trending around 25 bones.

Streets of Rage 2 is great all around period! My second favorite Genesis game of all time.

It's an incredibly addictive game.

Today I beat it for the first time with Max. Not much of an accomplishment, but I only recently started using Max instead of Axel.

• Like 1

Eh, that Streets of Rage II song is supposed to build tension before the last big fight. I think this one's more mellow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEGs93LxGCQ

The music in this game is so good. You don't even know. The guy who made it went on to do the soundtrack for Final Fantasy Tactics and found Basiscape.

I've always been fond of some of Light Crusader's quieter moments:

And especially this one:

This track from the last level of World of Illusion is also nice:

And this bit of unexpected sparseness in Cosmic Spacehead comes out of nowhere:

Apropos that GTA pause music, I love it when games have special pause themes. Astérix and the Great Rescue, a game most people hated (I kind of liked it), had a great soundtrack overall and a nice pause tune that was easy to overlook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlUyV2v-Pbk

Well now I'm curious what beat it out.

After popping over to ebay I was disappointed to see a game that was so common among my peers that it may as well have come in breakfast cereal is trending around 25 bones.

Have to go with Sonic 2 as my number 1 favorite. I got my Genesis in 1993 and the first two Sonics and Streets of Rage 2 were my first games for the system. Used to be up countless hours on weekends and during breaks playing them non stop.

Ecco always sends a little shiver down my spine.

The opening music for the into animation is so much like the intro to part 1 of Shine On You Crazy Diamond; I love Pink Floyd, I love that song, and hearing it sound like it's about to come out of my Genesis, I think, will always give me that goosebumpy/walked over my grave feeling.

SoR2's Final Round music is pretty good, But I liked it better the first time I heard it in Golden Axe II ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJJVmXI8gHE

Skip ahead to 27:30. Thats the music from the closing credits after you beat Dark Guld.

I'll admit it's not EXACTLY the same, some difference musically and the overall quality sounds scratchier than the SoR2 rendition. But still... to use virtually the same song at the end of 2 different games that are both Sega Franchise Beat-Em-Up sequels?

I'll never understand all the general distaste of the Genesis sound. Maybe the complainers aren't quite so numerous, rather are just louder broken records than the praisers are.