IGNORED

Game Idea: Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy 2600

jredant

How about a homebrew based on Canadian produced "Ed Edd n Eddy"? Something like "Eddy's Quest", where Eddy searches for Jawbreakers?

That's sentence is very hilarious, in my opinion. And I LOVE Ed, Edd n Eddy!

I just thought "Eddy's Quest" would be a neat idea. (Something I've been tossing around but I have no idea how to pull it off). Then for some reason I've been thinking about and animated Edd (Double D), Johnny 2by4 and Plank...and quarters and jawbreakers (has to be involved in there somehow). I think Ed would have to be in there somewhere to mess it all up.

And yes, I am a fan of the Eds. :D

I am in Markham.

Really? I lived in Markham for a year and did my final year of high school at Markham District High. Man I hated that school!

I have only one semi-decent story from that time - Our Calculus teacher wouldn't allow calculators in class. To do logs, these stupid little books of log tables were provided. I brought in a slide rule. Fight the power! Ah, teen rebellion! Such a little hellion was I... (This was about '89 or '90)

Markham District High had the reputation for being one of the toughest schools academically in the Toronto area. It wasn't, what it REALLY had was teachers who were complete pricks. (Obviously not allowing calculators in high school math class is not unusual, that's not why I'm calling them pricks [Though forcing students to use log tables instead of calculators is pretty freaking stupid... Boy, they're sure going to be glad they learned THAT skill...])

Chris...

ED EDD and EDDY? Heck yeah, I'd buy a copy of that.

How about a sidewscroller on the lines of Pitfall II? You could make the Canker sisters (sp?) the badguys and the gold bars are jawbreakers and stuff.

Hack it, or even better, make a new game.

ED EDD and EDDY?  Heck yeah, I'd buy a copy of that.

How about a sidewscroller on the lines of Pitfall II?  You could make the Canker sisters (sp?) the badguys and the gold bars are jawbreakers and stuff.

Hack it, or even better, make a new game.

I think it would be good to start off with an ED EDD n EDDY hack and then make it into a brand spankin' new game. Question about the Pitfall II hack, who would Harry be? A moving Eddy would have to have his big sneaker feet in the back and a tongue hanging out. A moving Edd would have to run standing straight with bent elbows. A moving Ed (probably the most funniest one) would have the head swinging in the back. I still think it would be a good idea to have Johnny 2x4 and Plank in there somewhere.

Yeah, that's the problem. The 2600 only has like 8 pixels for sprites, which doesn't give much freedome when desigining flexible or odd shapped sprites.

I figure you'd start the game with one of the ED's, and when you die, in addition to going back to the last checkpoint, you'd switch charactures. You'd actually have limited lives this way.

As for Johny 2X4 and Plank, there are some people like charactures on Pitfall II that you could make into Johny and Plank.

Sounds great, jawbreakers for hitpoints, or extra lives, and the primary thing is to help Johny find Plank. It would go well with one of the cartoons in the series also.

Just make sure you'd be able to change all the colors correctly, and it would look great. I like the idea that when you die you have to switch characters, but you should also be able to choose which character to start off with, then switch. We could also throw Bob the cone somewhere in there, too, as an enemy... :)

Our Calculus teacher wouldn't allow calculators in class. To do logs, these stupid little books of log tables were provided. I brought in a slide rule. Fight the power!  ... [Though forcing students to use log tables instead of calculators is pretty freaking stupid... Boy, they're sure going to be glad they learned THAT skill...])

Yeah .. I remember doing logs and extrapulations using the log tables back in 8th grade math .. Pretty time consuming ..

And the Slide Rule with log scale was something I learned in 9th grade .. but I have to admit that when calculators were allowed .. we graduated to them.

I gotta admit though .. that guy who invented logarithms and created the log tables back in the 18th century was a brilliant individual.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA