IGNORED

WIP Kaboom!

omf

here is the latest version of kaboom, this is by far finished and is turning into a bit of a beast to code, fortuately the jag powa is much better than the vj powa and it runce nice and fast on hardware where it runs like a bit of a dog in vj.

ther eare a lot of changes and enhancements

there is a set of 10 achievements, these will be saved to eeprom but this feature is not implemented yet because i have not defined the save data as yet

the next enhancement is the option screen, currently it is incomplete but offers the classic bucket and new bucket

the bucket size is also selectable and fully functional within the game.

the bucket sizes are as follows:

normal

small

large

sausage

sausage size is pretty useless, and was just added in for the crack, suffice it to say you dont have to do very much with it active

if you can be bothered you can view earnt achievements with the achievement screen, obviously this only shows you what has be earnt during this power cycle due to no saving as yet, when finished earnt achievements will display here uppon game load

some are pretty pointless and some are hard

the really easy one i got the idea from the simpsons xbox 360 game

in case you are wondering about the 2 coloured lines at the bottom of the title screen they are for pwesonal reference, one line is the pal limit in vj, the other is the ntsc limit, on an old fat crt it doesnt really do anything as you can see both LOL

Kaboom.abs

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

This is a name and shame posting!

It seems that a certain unscrupulous individual has been selling my port of kaboom for the jaguar on ebay without permission from activision and certainly not me. I created this port as a project to get to better understand the jaguar and jaguar programming and i decided to give my UN finished work away for free, this douche bag has decided to cash in by deciding to make profit from my hard labours and sell the game in a format that costs very little to manufacture. i bet the cd uses jiffi too so the effort to him is minimal.

For gods sake people download the game yourself and burn it to a cd if you so wish, don't be a fool and attempt to sell it or buy free software anywhere!!!!

it is people like these that make you want to disown the jaguar, remember without people creating software in whatever form, the jaguar would have long since died a death.

There are many features missing from the current build up on here so i have not released it yet because i have run into some issues with adding images to rom space as it has grown too big for ram, i guess this will help people like this as it will no longer function in ram :)

if these shenanigans continue kaboom work will only be carried forward privately and shared with a select few.

link to the offending ebay auctions!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=kaboom%20jaguar&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

pdf of auction attached for evidence preservation!

Kaboom Atari Jaguar CD Homebrew _ eBay.pdf

Edited by omf
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

(from the auction description)

I believe in fair pricing and as this software was MADE by an individual and not of the official release library I can understand why one would not want to give up an arm and a leg for it. Too many other eBay sellers are out there ROBBING people for their money when it comes to Atari Jaguar software.

Heh. Ironic much?

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 2

This would be the same individual who just bought some of the st cartridges that you'd probably call "less popular" (which will be of more value to completionists when the carts stop being produced). The same one who was asking for a cheap missile command because he didn't want to pay eBay prices. Who was the subject of the "are these discs fake" thread earlier this month? Etc...

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Great googly moogly!

I keep seeing various games under said individual, and it's like pulling a sweater thread...more and more unravels and it becomes unbelievably clear:

THIS GUY IS JUST ABOUT A PIECE OF SHIT.

...just the right shitstorm combo of dumb, opportunistic, narcissistic, and shameless.

I hope he gets hit by a truck full of AIDS.

-Thom

• Like 1

This is a name and shame posting!

It seems that a certain unscrupulous individual has been selling my port of kaboom for the jaguar on ebay without permission from activision and certainly not me. I created this port as a project to get to better understand the jaguar and jaguar programming and i decided to give my UN finished work away for free, this douche bag has decided to cash in by deciding to make profit from my hard labours and sell the game in a format that costs very little to manufacture. i bet the cd uses jiffi too so the effort to him is minimal.

For gods sake people download the game yourself and burn it to a cd if you so wish, don't be a fool and attempt to sell it or buy free software anywhere!!!!

it is people like these that make you want to disown the jaguar, remember without people creating software in whatever form, the jaguar would have long since died a death.

There are many features missing from the current build up on here so i have not released it yet because i have run into some issues with adding images to rom space as it has grown too big for ram, i guess this will help people like this as it will no longer function in ram :)

if these shenanigans continue kaboom work will only be carried forward privately and shared with a select few.

link to the offending ebay auctions!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=kaboom%20jaguar&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

pdf of auction attached for evidence preservation!

You might have to do like they did with Lights out put in the title screen "This game free if you paid for it get your money back!"

• Like 1

• 5 years later...